Affinity Press on the hunt for Artists! BACKEND PAY!

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

MadWriter
Forum Member

Affinity Press on the hunt for Artists! BACKEND PAY!

Post by MadWriter »

My name is Maxim Altman and I'm an editor for Affinity Press Productions.

We're looking for a passionate and high-level artist to work on a really unique and upbeat superhero book we're currently developing, titled First Ladies.

Publishing GUARANTEED. Pay is backend.

For details and inquiries, ask for Max at madwriter27@gmail.com
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: Affinity Press on the hunt for Artists! BACKEND PAY!

Post by noonecomics »

MadWriter wrote: Publishing GUARANTEED. Pay is backend.
Publishing through Diamond Distribution, right?
MadWriter
Forum Member

Post by MadWriter »

Publishing is through Affinity Press. Affinity Press IS the publisher.
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Post by noonecomics »

MadWriter wrote:Publishing is through Affinity Press. Affinity Press IS the publisher.
my bad, the final product will be distributed through Diamond?
diegogue
Consistant Poster

Post by diegogue »

MadWriter wrote:
We're looking for a passionate and high-level artist...
Always they say passionate when they want you to work for them for free. I see ads from Affinity Press since a long time ago here on Zwol, and they always offer the backends, and I'm not sure if any of their comics gave one cent of backends to any artist. And not, no Diamond distribution.
morbid
Frequent Poster

Post by morbid »

I think that "Publishing GUARANTEED." is a big sell for an artist trying to get a foothold as long as it is at a certain level where it actually counts. It matters to me. I would like to know numbers if I were to apply for this. Though I probably would be determined unsuitable though, based on my webpage portfolio linked below which is horror comic based.

Backend money is something to laugh about when it comes to feature films. Diid I mention I'm a produced feature film screenwriter? No? Well now I have. I speak from experience. Comics are different. Harder to hide and indie comic book companies don't have millions to spend on experts in creative accounting. I wouldn't dismiss backend on indie comics if the numbers are transparent and you know what you're walking into.

I doubt that there will be any interest from MadWriter, but you can certainly look at my portfolio down there at my webpage link, though you may have to take my word for it that I can draw pretty girls real damn good. And I'd have to see the script before I'd agree to anything and be seriously impressed.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

morbid wrote:I think that "Publishing GUARANTEED." is a big sell for an artist trying to get a foothold as long as it is at a certain level where it actually counts. It matters to me. I would like to know numbers if I were to apply for this. Though I probably would be determined unsuitable though, based on my webpage portfolio linked below which is horror comic based.

Backend money is something to laugh about when it comes to feature films. Diid I mention I'm a produced feature film screenwriter? No? Well now I have. I speak from experience. Comics are different. Harder to hide and indie comic book companies don't have millions to spend on experts in creative accounting. I wouldn't dismiss backend on indie comics if the numbers are transparent and you know what you're walking into.

I doubt that there will be any interest from MadWriter, but you can certainly look at my portfolio down there at my webpage link, though you may have to take my word for it that I can draw pretty girls real damn good. And I'd have to see the script before I'd agree to anything and be seriously impressed.
Affinity Press is a load of crap.
morbid
Frequent Poster

Post by morbid »

You don't seem to have any problem if artists are going to draw your stories for free if they can get them published, so I am puzzled by your negative reaction. Here's you:

Replies: 1
Views: 259
PostForum: Seeking Comics Artists/Writers Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 pm Subject: Open call for submissions for Horror Anthology
WillEd: If there is an artist here who is more interested in being in the anthology than the money I have a 4 page horror script all done.

Now what?

Let me give you a little hint as to what your next move should be if you had any brains in your head: Save your rage for the page. Put all the negativity and anger you've got onto the page and write some killer stories or create some great projects with that energy.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

Look up Affinity Press. Go to their website. Look at other postings for Affinity Press here. Do your homework. Is that a company you want to be involved with? And do you know the difference between a four page story for a regularly published anthology and a company that requires writers to work for free as editors with duties that include fundraising before they give them a writing assignment? No, I have not contacted them. Previous postings here have spelled that out. Everything there is back end. The editor who posted here is working back end. I'm pretty confident in saying no one has yet received a front end. Look at the samples on their website. They would love to have you. You can draw. The art is mediocre and the writing is awful. Have they published anything? They are not new.They certainly don't have Diamond Distribution. I have since commissioned art for two short stories after that post you excerpted. I guarantee the art on both of them is leap years better than what I saw on Affinity Press' website. I think you are the one that needs to take a deep breath. I was trying to give you a warning. And if you think Donald Trump has been vindicated with the release of that blatantly biased hit piece by his sock puppet you are mistaken.
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Post by noonecomics »

diegogue wrote:Always they say passionate when they want you to work for them for free. I see ads from Affinity Press since a long time ago here on Zwol, and they always offer the backends, and I'm not sure if any of their comics gave one cent of backends to any artist. And not, no Diamond distribution.
Oh I know all this, I just wanted to see how far MadWriter will go to defend this work for backend and get published thing, if there's no printed version and no distribution through diamond, how's the money being made? where's the audience?
WillEd wrote:Affinity Press is a load of crap.
I can't assure it, but it does seem like that, in my four years I've seen many ads like this one, and I tried to do something with them long time ago, I backed off when I saw the method of working out projects, and then realized there really wasn't a platform or audience for those books.
morbid wrote:I think that "Publishing GUARANTEED." is a big sell for an artist trying to get a foothold as long as it is at a certain level where it actually counts.
I think that's the bait, when starting out you want to get published, anywhere! but what does it mean to get published? you're damn right it has to be somewhere when your effort counts!