The End of Dreams

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

abe

The End of Dreams

Post by abe »

I'm not sure if this is a comic or a monologue, or both. At any rate, I hope it works (I've never tried anything like this before). Also, it is not a 24-hour comic, even though it weighs in at 25 panels. It was first conceived near the time of the beheading of Nicholas Berg (which is the comic's subject), and has just recently been completed, so simple math will show that a 24-hour timeframe was not even in the picture.

http://gravityland.bounceme.net/end-of-dreams/

I'd be grateful to know what you think. Thanks, abe
Teahouse Keeper
Forum Member

Post by Teahouse Keeper »

Uh, it's interesting. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. Perhaps I'm not looking at it the right way...could you explain what it means?:)
abe

Post by abe »

I guess explaining my motivation might help. I was greatly affected by seeing the video of Mr. Berg's beheading, and wanted to capture what I was feeling and thinking at that time. So I sat down and essentially wrote a monologue detailing my reaction. Then I got the idea that I could break it up into a series of frames, and present it graphically as a sort of monologue comic that puts as much emphasis on the words as it does the pictures. Like I said, this is the first time I've tried anything like this, so what I was trying to do and what I ended up with might not have been the same thing.
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

I read it, understood it, and well... I did't really like it because it's weird to say I like something about decapitation, but I thought it was pretty good and it expressed your thought's and feelings on the subject very well.
Teahouse Keeper
Forum Member

Post by Teahouse Keeper »

Ah, I see, abe. Thanks for explaining :)
abe

Post by abe »

Kris Lachowski wrote:I did't really like it because it's weird to say I like something about decapitation, but I thought it was pretty good and it expressed your thought's and feelings on the subject very well.
Understood. But I guess that was partly the point--the inspiration for the subject was horrific, so it stands to reason that my expression of it be somewhat horrific too.