Seeking Manga Artist For Long-Term Webcomic

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

roobindale
Forum Member

Seeking Manga Artist For Long-Term Webcomic

Post by roobindale »

Hello, thanks for taking the time to click on the post. The title is pretty self-explanatory, so let me go ahead and get into specifics.

I have the funds to pay you and have a pretty flexible budget. We can negotiate pricing, and I'll do my best to go for anything you ask for. I can pay either per page or per chapter/issue, whichever works better for you.

As for details regarding the webcomic itself, as the title implies it will be both long-term and drawn in the style of a manga. Let me go into further detail about both of these to make what I'm searching for as clear as possible. When I say "long-term", I intend for the series to run for multiple years. It will likely far exceed 100 chapters, with each chapter being composed of 21-22 pages. You can view this one of two ways; if you're not very enthusiastic about the idea of committing yourself to such a long project, then this may not be for you. But if you are interested, then hopefully this will turn into a good source of income for you for a very long time. Since I plan on commercializing the comic, we can also discuss future royalties if you care about that sort of thing.

The art style I'm looking for is something rich with detail. Something similar to Bleach, One Punch Man, or Death Note. An art style like Naruto's may work as well; all I'm asking is that you aim to draw something within the realm of these examples. If your art style doesn't match this description but you're confident you can suit my needs, that's fine too - just keep reading to get a better idea of what I'm looking for. The story is one set in a fantasy world. In terms of style, it's predominantly a blend of both Victorian Era Europe and Medieval Era Europe, with all of the usual epic fantasy tropes you see in stuff like The Elder Scrolls, Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc. There's magic, elves, dragons, and all that sort of stuff, so if that's your thing, awesome!

Email roobindale@gmail.com if you're interested in working together.

Preferably, do so with an attached portfolio or some sort of reference artwork to give me an idea of what you can do. If you don't have any reference art that you think fits the description, but you're willing to draw some demo artwork for free, that's fine too. Of course, you can also just respond here in the thread, but I'd prefer a discussion via email.