DC Bumblebee Fan-Comic (paid) Seeks Penciller & Inker

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

WolfB
Regular Poster

DC Bumblebee Fan-Comic (paid) Seeks Penciller & Inker

Post by WolfB »

Hi, I'm building a DC fan universe via twitter consisting of newspaper articles, audio segments etc. to build a following for my writing career and I've decided to start using my patreon support to fund a fan-comic as part of this universe.

https://twitter.com/DC_Entropy

It follows the story of the DC character Bumblebee, a young african-american whose mother is turned the size of an insect after an accident and later gives birth to her before dying a few years later. The story has no dialogue or captions. Instead it is told in the form of a ballad alongside the art, in the vein of epics like Beowulf and the Odyssey. Showing her struggle to survive and rise to greatness.

It's 'Iron Man' meets 'Tarzan' meets 'Ant-Man' meets 'Beowulf' meets 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' meets 'the Odyssey'. I know, a mouthful.

I'm doing this as a paid project because I really want it to look great and I believe it'll really help me build up my following.

Importantly, work would be slow. For now a page every month or so, until more patreon support helped speed things up. But this will all depend on rates so..

Please email me with a link to your portfolio and your rates for pencils and/or inks. For now the project will be black and white.

wolf.beaumont@gmail.com
gaetano.matruglio
Frequent Poster

Re: DC Bumblebee Fan-Comic (paid) Seeks Penciller & Inke

Post by gaetano.matruglio »

Hi, I'm Gaetano, italian artist active since 2013. I've seen your post on Zwol and checked on Dc Entropy, becoming very intrigued about its ideas. I worked on a lot of different genres, starting from post-apocalyptic stories to adventures and horror ones. You can take a look at full pages and illustrations on my deviantart page at https://gaetanomatruglio.deviantart.com/gallery/ where my production is organized by time of publications. You can contact me by mail at gaetano.matruglio@gmail.com or just by sending a note trough deviantart note system. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks in advance!
WolfB wrote:Hi, I'm building a DC fan universe via twitter consisting of newspaper articles, audio segments etc. to build a following for my writing career and I've decided to start using my patreon support to fund a fan-comic as part of this universe.

https://twitter.com/DC_Entropy

It follows the story of the DC character Bumblebee, a young african-american whose mother is turned the size of an insect after an accident and later gives birth to her before dying a few years later. The story has no dialogue or captions. Instead it is told in the form of a ballad alongside the art, in the vein of epics like Beowulf and the Odyssey. Showing her struggle to survive and rise to greatness.

It's 'Iron Man' meets 'Tarzan' meets 'Ant-Man' meets 'Beowulf' meets 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' meets 'the Odyssey'. I know, a mouthful.

I'm doing this as a paid project because I really want it to look great and I believe it'll really help me build up my following.

Importantly, work would be slow. For now a page every month or so, until more patreon support helped speed things up. But this will all depend on rates so..

Please email me with a link to your portfolio and your rates for pencils and/or inks. For now the project will be black and white.

wolf.beaumont@gmail.com
WolfB
Regular Poster

Post by WolfB »

I haven't found anyone I feel fits the project yet, so please keep sending in your portfolios. I'm looking for someone who has a vision for the source material. That gets what I'm trying to do, given this is a long term partnership that's important.

Please also don't forget to include your rates in your emails. Thanks.