Looking for a Determined and Passionate Artist (Paid)

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

duvarneya
Regular Poster

Looking for a Determined and Passionate Artist (Paid)

Post by duvarneya »

Hello and greetings. I'll try not to bore you all or take up much of your time, so let's get right down to business. I am an aspiring comic writer fresh out of college and looking to break into the business. This isn't just something I want to do on the side because it sounds fun, this is something that I want to do for the rest of my life, but there is a long way to go. Obviously, this is going to require a lot of work and a lot of luck, but I have plenty of ideas and drive to achieve my goals.

I have been practicing scripting comics now for a while and have been working on something I feel confident in putting together for a pitch. Problem is, I need art for that to happen, specifically the first 5 pages or so of my pilot issue, plus a cover and character designs. I'm looking for an aspiring comic artist who is of an equal mindset: motivated, passionate, determined, and very creative. I don't want someone who just wants to draw for the paycheck, I want someone who really likes their work, and wants to do this for a living, but who also understands the likelihood of rejection and failure, and someone who has thoroughly read through this post, all its links, and is genuinely interested in the idea and really wants to illustrate it. Also, on the off chance that this pitch is picked up, I would need the artist to be available to illustrate the future installments of the book.

A small synopsis: After her parents mysteriously vanish when she is eight years old, Rei Miura comes into the care of her grandparents. Years later, she is an ordinary high school student with ordinary problems, at least until her grandparents are suddenly murdered in a way that defies explanation. When she discovers that her family has for generations been a part of The Shaman Society, a supernatural organization tasked with seeking out and destroying dangerous "Oni", she finds herself lost in a world that few know exist. With the aid of a mysterious item called a "soul gem", as well as her mother's spirit guide, she sets out on a mission of revenge that leads her down the path to becoming one of the elite demon hunters known as a Shaman.

Major Character Bios: http://duvarneya.deviantart.com/art/The ... 1361138312

The first five pages I would need illustrated: http://duvarneya.deviantart.com/art/The ... -354885383

Glossary of unique terms: http://duvarneya.deviantart.com/art/The ... 1361138637

As for payment, I'm not rich or anything, but I'll pay what I can. Overall price can be negotiated, and we can try to come up with something to suitably compensate your work. If you really are interested in the idea, and think that you would like to be the artist for this project, then please contact me. You can post here, or PM me, or contact me at sldfwks@gmail.com with samples of your work.

Well, that's about it. Thank you for your time.
duvarneya
Regular Poster

Post by duvarneya »

Thanks to all those who have expressed interest, but I have now selected an artist.
Hadoken
Forum Member

Post by Hadoken »

I'm not trying to troll and I commend your ambition but your story sounds a lot like Bleach and Shaman King.
duvarneya
Regular Poster

Post by duvarneya »

Hadoken wrote:I'm not trying to troll and I commend your ambition but your story sounds a lot like Bleach and Shaman King.
So you're saying that I came up with an idea that sounds similar to something that's already been done before. Oh, the humanity! That never happens!

Honestly I know nothing about Shaman King, other than that it has shaman in the name... which isn't even where I got shaman from. I chose shaman because the definition accurately depicts what the people in this story do ("A member of certain tribal societies who acts as a medium between the visible world and an invisible spirit world and who practices magic or sorcery for purposes of healing, divination, and control over natural events.")

As for Bleach, okay, there's an organized supernatural group that hunts down evil spirits and demons with magic and weapons. It's a very bare bones similarity. If I had to compare this idea to something, I'd compare it more to Yu Yu Hakusho than Bleach.

Point is, almost any idea you come up with is going to be similar to something done before. The key is putting your own unique spin on it to keep it interesting and engaging to the reader. I have very much put my own ideas into this, even if some parts of it sound similar to other things. That's just how story telling goes.
Enlyed
Forum Member

Post by Enlyed »

Wow! It feels like the best dialog in one page and in the presentation style of comic books. I feel really great after reading the inside contents of this image. So here you need to check https://www.rocketnews.com/2018/08/make-sure-your-contents-are-original-with-these-7-ways/ info which will helpful for the scholars. So thanks a lot my friend for sharing this article and I hope in future I will see more stuff like from you.
CodyPetterd
Forum Member

Post by CodyPetterd »

Amazing post I simply feel marvelous in the wake of perusing the article and now you click myassignmenthelp to solve your unique work. Al the Alien is excellent book I just observed it for once on quite a while back however the article demonstrates all the great stuff and extremely an eye getting up to speed in the material used to compose the article.