Looking for artists (or even some writes) for a hobby collab

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

DimaYZ
Forum Member

Looking for artists (or even some writes) for a hobby collab

Post by DimaYZ »

Greetings! I'm looking for an artist for a collaboration on a story I've been working on. The collab would be 50/50 writer/artist, and any future profit would be split in half.
It's a hobby project, I'm not able to pay an artist but I also don't ask for a large commitment, it will take all the time it has to.

I already have a quite clear vision of what I'm looking to get at, and it can be summarized, without going into too much detail:
It's an action/fantasy story, with an emphasis on detailed backstory and world, thought-out fights and power system. Set in post-medieval/renaissance times (not high fantasy, just less technology). Mystery and discovery, parallel narration (more points of view, from different protagonists).
What I'm hoping to achieve, in setting it apart from most other similar works, is something with a different tone and feel.
The focus for the young protagonists would be saving themselves instead of the world, pursuing their dream of finding an actual dream, trying to become better people before they can change others. The shonen atmosphere given by the kid protagonists would fight for space with the darker tone of the real and harsh world they live in.
The story is generally planned out, I have the world building and power system pretty much nailed down except for some details (for which I'll take inspiration from the artist's style).
If you are at all interested, fell free to pm me or reply to the post (preferably a pm, as I receive notifications on PMs). Also, if you are a writer, I have a fun role you could have in the project. PM me to know more!

Thanks and sorry for the long post.