Writer looking for artist for dark/humorous super hero tale

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

tasteofrain
Forum Member

Writer looking for artist for dark/humorous super hero tale

Post by tasteofrain »

I'm a writer (with an idea) looking for an artist to collaborate with on a story. I can't pay anything, but the project we work on will be co-owned equally by both of us. The point of the project is eventually create something (an issue or two) that we can pitch to publishers and people in the industry.

Here's a short synopsis of my idea (for more e-mail me):

My story takes place in a world where super heroes exist, but despite fighting evil, doing good, etc, they're not all that good and decent themselves. These heroes are often vain, narcissistic and shallow--imagine your favorite superheroes if they shared the attitudes of vapid reality stars and hollywood actors. The story is told from the perspective of a young female shrink who counsels the good guys and the bad guys--and often ends up having more sympathy for the later.

The story is intelligent, full of black humor, and forgoes the PG attitude of mainstream superhero books. There will also be quite a bit of action, so that should be incentive for you artists out there who love illustrating fight scenes.

If you're interested either pm me or e-mail me at: tasteofrainwhykneel@gmail.com.