**CLOSED THREAD** Artist/Letterer Wanted - 8 Page Script

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bass
Forum Member

**CLOSED THREAD** Artist/Letterer Wanted - 8 Page Script

Post by Bass »

*UPDATE - ARTIST NOW HIRED, NO LONGER REQUIRED*

I have written a comic script for an 8 page comic + cover. Ideally I am seeking someone who can draw, ink and letter the pages.

The script is an adventure story featuring five children aged 6 -10. I know these children in real life so would be looking for their likeness' to appear. If you're in the UK The Beano is a good example of the scripts vibe.

This is a personal project and I don't currently have any intention of selling the finished product; rather it will be given away to friends and family. If well received I would hope to do more.

I note page rates seem to start around around $40 but this is sadly way above my budget. In view and as I don't wish to waste anyones time, I guess I'm looking for an amateur artist starting out who is keen to expand their portfolio and earn a bit of cash to boot.
Last edited by Bass on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
diegogue
Consistant Poster

Re: Artist/Letterer Wanted - 8 Page Script

Post by diegogue »

Bass wrote:s I'm looking for an amateur artist starting out who is keen to expand their portfolio and earn a bit of cash to boot.
That's lying to yourself or trying to take advantage or young beginners, what you're offering is not even the minimum wage in Venezuela.
arkhein
Frequent Poster

Re: Artist/Letterer Wanted - 8 Page Script

Post by arkhein »

diegogue wrote: That's lying to yourself or trying to take advantage or young beginners, what you're offering is not even the minimum wage in Venezuela.

That's true. Pay a respectable rate or save up until you can, tbh. I don't have a cheap rate, but it's definitely worth the money, and you will be able to take the work to other professionals and they will actually take you seriously. Think about it.
Bass
Forum Member

Post by Bass »

Arkehein and Diegogue - What on earth are you both talking about? I haven't mentioned any monetary amount!
I know my budget will not allow for a professional artist so I tried to make this clear in my post. I've posted on another website and had much more favourable results with a variety of prices quoted to me, some I can afford, some I can't (fair enough). It's a shame the initial responses here have been so whiny and negative, if my post isn't for you please feel free to ignore.
RockAlves
Frequent Poster

Post by RockAlves »

Hi Bass, how are you?

So, in fact, how much are you able to pay for each page?
Ricardo "Rock" Alves
Comic Book Artist

DeviantArt portfolio: https://rockalves.deviantart.com/

Behance portfolio: https://www.behance.net/ricardoalvfffc
Bass
Forum Member

Post by Bass »

Hi RockAlves, I'm in discussion with an artist at the moment, £20 a page. If agreed will try delete my post here
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Post by noonecomics »

Bass wrote:Hi RockAlves, I'm in discussion with an artist at the moment, £20 a page. If agreed will try delete my post here
actually, £20 it's not bad for somebody how doesn't have a lot of experience. for what is worth expect a lot of hurdles in the way to complete your project and be patient with your artist.
Bass
Forum Member

Post by Bass »

noonecomics wrote:
actually, £20 it's not bad for somebody how doesn't have a lot of experience. for what is worth expect a lot of hurdles in the way to complete your project and be patient with your artist.
Thanks noonecomics, appreciate your comments. The artist has accepted, we're excited to get going so will now note this thread as closed.