Searching for Dedicated Art Team for Horror Comic

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

TheCello
Forum Member

Searching for Dedicated Art Team for Horror Comic

Post by TheCello »

My name is Marcello Coluccio.
I'm a graduate from the University of Southern California in English and Fine Arts, the writer and project leader of a design team for a comic in the psychological horror/supernatural genre.
Our team will be making our initial pitch for the comic to Image publications upon completion of the first issue.
We're currently in the process of gathering a dedicated art team capable of remaining on the project long-term. After the ball gets rolling the art needs to remain professional and invariable, so we can't afford changes to the design team after the initial submission. This means, if you're on board, expect to be on board for at least 6-12 issues.

What kind of project is this?
Genre: Urban Horror/Supernatural/Femme Fatale
Art Style: Violent, Dark, Gritty, Pin-Up (Emphasis on the "ideal" male and female figure for main characters).

Team Openings Currently Available:
Colorist
Penciler/Inker
Letterer

Looking for professional quality work only!
If you are a penciler, this means: high quality character, architectural and landscape design are required as well as a firm and expansive knowledge of the human musculature, bone structure, perspective and sequential art.
You must have an adequate portfolio consisting of the type of work related to your desired position. (Lettering, inks, color, pencils).

Must be capable of Finishing 36 pages in (roughly) 3 weeks.
Last edited by TheCello on Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snappypops
Forum Member

Post by snappypops »

Hey Marcello. I am on my last class of my Illustration degree and looking for a project. I like the dark stuff and your post sounded interesting. My work is posted on the following link although I am still working on the site itself. I have it categorized as "Buildings and Environments, characters, and portraits and anatomy." Check it out and let me know your thoughts. Thank you MIKE

www.luciuspaschal.daportfolio.com

mikepaschal@comcast.net
TheCello
Forum Member

Post by TheCello »

We need a portfolio of narrative, sequential comic art, in order to make any sort of decision.
What I see there has more of a "fine arts" appeal. We need a more refined, detailed, less out-of-focus look.

I will edit my post to make this requirement more clear.
This doesn't mean an outright rejection. If you have more images to contribute to your portfolio, go for it.
Last edited by TheCello on Thu May 06, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JebusTodd
Forum Member

Post by JebusTodd »

My name is Matt Northrup, self taught artist in both the traditional style and modern digital. I have a fine tuned sense of both Photoshop and Corel Painter (and still expanding on it, as every artist should) and have worked on several comic projects, some more successful than others. My work can be seen at http://www.northrup.deviantart.com and at my currently under reconstruction website http://www.kittkill.com

Thanks for any consideration
Trevor
Forum Member

Penciler/ inker

Post by Trevor »

Hello I'm a graphic designer who is currently graduating from WKU

Please look through my portfolio (Sketches one and sketches 2show my drawing style)
http://harpystudios.daportfolio.com/

If your interested I am available as either a penciler or an inker