FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Silly McCloud BBCode
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Forum Forum
Previous: PostIs the new organizations killing Jams? Next: PostAre IMG tags broken?  
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Silly McCloud BBCode Reply with quote

I'm not ready to do this for a whole lot of things- this is just a test, really, but you can now use the super-special-experimental McCloud BBCode in these forums. For example, if you type:

[mccloud]super Scott McCloud bbcode[/mccloud]

You will see:

super Scott McCloud bbcode
Wikkit
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be too hard to make the BBCode parser look through the usernames when it gets a piece of code it doesn't recognize.

[wikkit]Wikkit[/wikkit][/code]
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might think, but because of the way it works, it also depends on templating code where php won't function, so additions to BBCode need to be hand-coded at the moment.

Actually, true custom bbcode might be coming in version 2.2 of this software, but who knows when that will be, since they still haven't officially released version 2 (what I'm running right now).
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand this. It seems to me that the Scott McCloud code just adds a link to McCloud's Web site. Is that all it's meant to do?
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup- That's all it does. My thought is that we can have codes for sites that we reference all the time, like Modern Tales or Scott's site or stuff like that, which would save us time in posts. Also, if the sites move, then simply changing the BBCode will change all of the existing links, retroactively.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another alternative is using the forum's word-censoring ability (something I've been able to live without) to transform one string of text into another. For example, we could do something like type "mccloud link" (without the quotes and without the space between the words) and it could automatically change that to: mccloudlink.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Forum Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: