Temporalectopia

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Temporalectopia

Post by Greg Stephens »

Nearly missed seeing this because it's at the CastleZZT.net index page rather than the Spongy subdirectory that I have bookmarked, but it looks good so far. Jack's mentioned a couple of things to me about this comic and based on what I know, what I'm seeing is pretty exciting.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I still like how this is going- everybody's reading this, right?
Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

Post by Max Leibman »

Very nice. Jack always surprises me. Always.

I especially like the "trails" (that's what I tend to see them as in the context of an online comic, even though that doesn't seem to be what Jack is using them for) above the strip itself. The fact that they're dropping from above into the panels in which characters "beam in" is interesting, but I find it even more interesting that they come from a point so far to the right, we can't even see it (at least not as of this writing). What Jack has done is made a play on comics time-flow -- we read left-to-right, and infer that time is (generally) flowing forward as we read; Jack has created an element coming from the right, which implies something moving backwards in time. The discussion of temporal matters by the characters seems to confirm this.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Read it- Read it NOW. It's totally brilliant.