Why This is Important

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

JLONGENB

Why This is Important

Post by JLONGENB »

I've often found Scott's work inspiring, and it's certainly been the best crash course I've ever received in graphic design. But the morning improv impresses and inspires me more than any other of his creations.

I'm a working writer, one who quite frankly is living at a sub-subsistence level because of my commitment to what I do. It's not easy doing something as mundane as putting words on paper on a daily basis, even when you know that for better or worse, it's how you'll get better at your craft. The knowledge that someone with as much talent, not to mention as much work on his plate, as Scott McCloud is sitting down every damn day to produce this is more invigorating to me than that first cup of coffee.

Bravo Mr. McCloud. Your discipline helps keep the mystical wheel of artistic creativity greased, like a routine spin of a Tibetan prayer wheel. My humble thanks.
Nathan P.

Why This is Important

Post by Nathan P. »

I must agree. Scott has given me inspiration as well. He is like a personal trainer who has made himself a great daily routine that not everyone can or will take on for themselves, but will inspire them to work a little bit each day toward their goals.