New Writer Looking For Artist for Partnership

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Stonejwriter
Forum Member

New Writer Looking For Artist for Partnership

Post by Stonejwriter »

Hi All,

Let me start by introducing myself, Im James and I like to write. I have a full time job (nothing to do with writing) but in my spare time for the last few years I have been writing short stories and movie screenplays.

To cut a long story short I sat down with a production company for the most recent screenplay I wrote, and while all the talks were positive the feedback was that people want to see something other than words.
I don't have the resources to even attempt to try and create a trailer or short film, then someone suggested adapt it into a comic book or graphic novel.

Thats what brings me here, I have the story and script, I have character profiles and scene descriptions, what I dont have is the ability to draw.

I dont have the money to pay someone professional to do this, so I though i would go out to the world and see if there was an artist in a similar position to me.
Im looking for someone who can obviously draw, but more importantly someone in a similar position to me that wants to create but not sure on the path to go down.

My long term goal is to turn said screenplay into a 6 issue mini series. I will cover all costs and resource for a digital release and 100 prints to be made.
From there i would look at expanding the story as the idea i had was for a trilogy of films.
With this i would be able to go back to production companies with the screenplay and something visual they have requested.

In reading this I know im asking a lot as i know the hardest and longest part of making a comic the the art, but I am hoping someone reads this and it sparks an interest.

No matter your position or experience please contact me if this sounds of interest you. Worst case scenario at the end of this you have a completed comic book, best case scenario this becomes a launch pad for much bigger things.

The mentioned screen play is a Sci-Fi buddy comedy, imagine if you can Guardians of the Galaxy meets Planes Trains and Automobiles meets The Last Star Fighter.

Please contact me at stonej6@gmail.com with any questions you may have

Kind regards