FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Whether "Robots love to dance" is Comics Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: Postdance till tommarow Next: PostInner workings of geometry  
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Comics Reply with quote

nyarlathotep wrote:
Though right now I want to kvetch on how zwol's accesibility -- you're supposed to describe what the smileys are using the alt-tags, people... not file-names. For shame.

True enough! But to be clear, the people responsible for that design would be the programmers and designers at http://www.phpbb.com who created this forum software. Though I can fix that, I'll not be doing it immediately, since I plan to upgrade the forum in the near-ish future and I'd have to do the work all over again. But I'll keep it in mind for when I do.
Nathan P.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: to nayarlathotep Reply with quote

I made no such assumption that one could not understand a comic containing animation without its animation. I specifically mentioned that it should be readable with the exception of when a frame of animation was unreadable. You do make a point in that the entire animation may be unnecessary for a comic, but if they are, there is little point in having them. I was making no reference to any computer action of turning off any mechanism whatsoever in the watching of an animation at a particular moment. I was speaking of the fact that a photograph of an animation would show a single frame of it. I am not a computer programmer, but I know how animation works. Please do not go on about how there are different forms of interlacing and frames, because I'm not interested. I am still under the impression that comics do not contain animation, but there can be combinations of animation and comics.
Here's a new question. If lentillations are considered animation, are holograms animation. Would holograms lie within or outside of comics?
Wikkit
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Here's a new question. If lentillations are considered animation, are holograms animation. Would holograms lie within or outside of comics?

Well, according to one of the other threads, a hologram is not a comic because a hologram only captures one time and one place. A series of holograms could be a comic, but not an animation since the animating is done on by the viewer, like normal comics but with less imagination. One could argue that changing perspective on a hologram is the same as changing perspective on a comic panel; it's just that most people don't examine comics from different perspectives.

<geek>Transmission or reflection hologram?</geek>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: