FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
M.I. in book form? (split from Monkeytown thread)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: PostMonkey town? Next: PostMonkeytown & Transcendence  
Penner Theologius Pott
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Thought Reply with quote

Scott, have you ever considered getting these published in book form? I know that they're already publically available for free, so there might not be much of an audience, but if the cost of distribution were not unreasonable, I for one would shell out for the opportunity to have all of these in my hands. Anyone else?
Jack Masters
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 'em better online.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
matt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: mi in book form Reply with quote

I too would love to see all of scott's online comics(ecspecially zot) collected into book form. but it's impossible because of the format. scott tends to strch comics spreading them across the page connected only by lines(such as when luna smiles, and monkeytown).
wansley
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: mi in book form Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I too would love to see all of scott's online comics(ecspecially zot) collected into book form. but it's impossible because of the format. scott tends to strch comics spreading them across the page connected only by lines(such as when luna smiles, and monkeytown).

Scott usually does make full use of that "infinite canvas" of his. But some of his shorter on-line works could make good posters. I would buy a poster of "Brad's Somber Mood" if it were available.

William Ansley
Randy
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott could always offer the master Photoshop file up as an electronic PDF file that he could charge for and the customer could then print it out on their printer or at Kinkos. (I really like when Luna Smiles and would like to have a copy on my wall and I'm too lazy to reassemble it in photoshop.)

Later,
Randy
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there are already comics that ARE radically different in their online and print versions. (A little like Vinyl vs. CD vs. VHS vs. DVD vs. ... different media offering the same product but enhanced/offered in a different way!)
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes- Check out Argon Zark's dead-tree version. I actually picked one of these up at a comic shop.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: