M.I. in book form? (split from Monkeytown thread)

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Penner Theologius Pott
Forum Member

Thought

Post by Penner Theologius Pott »

Scott, have you ever considered getting these published in book form? I know that they're already publically available for free, so there might not be much of an audience, but if the cost of distribution were not unreasonable, I for one would shell out for the opportunity to have all of these in my hands. Anyone else?
Jack Masters
Consistant Poster

Post by Jack Masters »

I like 'em better online.
matt

mi in book form

Post by matt »

I too would love to see all of scott's online comics(ecspecially zot) collected into book form. but it's impossible because of the format. scott tends to strch comics spreading them across the page connected only by lines(such as when luna smiles, and monkeytown).
wansley
Frequent Poster

Re: mi in book form

Post by wansley »

Anonymous wrote:I too would love to see all of scott's online comics(ecspecially zot) collected into book form. but it's impossible because of the format. scott tends to strch comics spreading them across the page connected only by lines(such as when luna smiles, and monkeytown).
Scott usually does make full use of that "infinite canvas" of his. But some of his shorter on-line works could make good posters. I would buy a poster of "Brad's Somber Mood" if it were available.

William Ansley
Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

Scott could always offer the master Photoshop file up as an electronic PDF file that he could charge for and the customer could then print it out on their printer or at Kinkos. (I really like when Luna Smiles and would like to have a copy on my wall and I'm too lazy to reassemble it in photoshop.)

Later,
Randy
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

I wonder if there are already comics that ARE radically different in their online and print versions. (A little like Vinyl vs. CD vs. VHS vs. DVD vs. ... different media offering the same product but enhanced/offered in a different way!)
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yes- Check out Argon Zark's dead-tree version. I actually picked one of these up at a comic shop.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.