Well, Scott, since YOU brought it up...

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

beanish
Forum Member

Well, Scott, since YOU brought it up...

Post by beanish »

YEAH!! 'Donnie Darko' IS amazing! I really need to watch it again to piece more of the puzzle together, although when listening to the Director Commentary during the deleted scenes on the DVD, he talked as though there were things that are just unexplained and he wanted them to be that way.
beanish (comes from the wonderful comic 'Tales of the Beanworld' by Larry Marder. Read it today!! -- available in 4 TPBs)
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

A friend of mine rented that flick on DVD a month or so ago, and I saw it over at his place. I still don't quite get the ending (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet) Maybe, watching all the deleted scenes might have explained things better, but my friend didn't have the patience to sit through all of them. I'll have to rent it myself one of these days when I get my DVD player fixed.

FEAR

LOVE

I'M NOT AFRAID ANYMORE!

I always knew Patrick Swayze was a sleez. :wink:

And howcome I never had a teacher in High School that looked like Drew Barymore?
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

You know, I thought it would be more twisted, or dark or maybe just plain interesting than it turned out to be. I saw it beacause a friend of mine said that it was really good. Granted, it was miles better than the impression that the posters around town left on me, and has the seeds to be a really great movie, but it just struck me as one of those smaller movies that didn't push as much as it could/should have.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.