Scott's Class

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Randy
Consistant Poster

Scott's Class

Post by Randy »

Does anyone on the board live near Minneapolis? I'm interesting in taking the classes, but I need a place to sleep. Or would anyone like to pitch in for a hotel room.

later,
Randy
Wikkit
Consistant Poster

Post by Wikkit »

I'd stay at the hostel. It's cheap, and has a good location; the neighborhood is a bit seedy, but I wasn't worried about walking around alone at night. It's a couple blocks from Nicollet ('Eat Street', some great food) and is right next to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, which is an excellent museum of history as well as art. No curfew, the place is clean but old, and it has a great back porch where you can sit and talk with all the people who come through.

http://www.hostels.com/cityoflakes/

It also has a kitchen, so a four night stay in Minneapolis cost me less than $200 including gas and food and junk.

When I didn't stay there, I shared a room with a friend at a crappy hotel in Eagan. It was the cheapest hotel in the cities, but its location sucked and it was a bit nasty. (Part of my negative opinion may be that we always got up after the cleaning lady had left, so we never got new towels).

I make a couple trips to Minneapolis a year to do UE and meet up with my friends. I might make a trip then, and stop by to say 'Hi' to Scott and any of you guys who decide to go, but I'm not into comics enough yet to take that long of a class.

Ben
Ryan Germick

dorm stay

Post by Ryan Germick »

Another living option for Scott's summer class is staying in the Minneapolis College of Art and Design dorm. I called the housing office (612.874.3780) and a pleasant fellow named Nate told me you can get a room there for the week for under a hundred bucks. Details, Nate said, would be available in late May.
Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

I was looking into hostels before your post....I didn't think of the dorm...now I just need to see if I'll have the vacation days to spend and if I can get permission...if I can or can't, I'll post it here.

later,
Randy
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

On-campus housing

Post by Tim Mallos »

I just spoke to Nate too. He's sending me a housing application. It's just proceedure, but sounds like there is a little process, so folks might want to initiate it now.....

Tim
Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

Unfortunately some things have come up and I'm not going. Maybe there will be a next time.
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

Housing Scoop...

Post by Tim Mallos »

I'm filling out my application now...
$92.00 for a week.

I managed to sign up for the course before it filled up.
Anyone else from the board going to make it for the course?

Tim
IMNNML
Forum Member

Post by IMNNML »

I'll be there.

I'll be driving out from NY and staying with friends...

hey anyone interested in sharing the drive?
Scott McCloud
The one and only

Post by Scott McCloud »

GOOD NEWS!: We've added a second class! For all of you who couldn't sign up for the July 15-19 class before it sold out, there will now be a second one week seminar taking place July 22-26!