FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
New Stuff: Hamlet & Sketches
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Zwol forum
Previous: PostOoh, new Zwol... Next: PostHamlet v. Macbeth  
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: New Stuff: Hamlet & Sketches Reply with quote

This week I'm finally posting some new artwork to the site.

Today's a preview of my "15-Minute Hamlet" project- an adaptation of the Tom Stoppard play of the same name. It's Hamlet on fast-forward. When performed by actors on stage, hilarity ensues; when adapted as a comic it's just an exercise- a warm-up to the real thing. I'll be posting the actual pages as they come. I hope to have the entire thing drawn by sometime next week.

Also this week, tomorrow and the next day, I'm posting a couple of sketches I've done recently. Nothing too special, but art anyhow.

I think this will be sort of the new way I'll be posting stuff to the site- something a little different each time so that at least I'm posting stuff. The actual Zwol comic will be resuming, but not just yet.
Craig J. Quack
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: 15-Minute Hamlet Reply with quote

Have you ever seen the film that was made out of this? Bravo used to show it from time to time and I actually managed to tape it once. It's rather well done, even if the entire film is 22 minutes (sorta defeats the 15-minute thing).
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't. I've only seen long versions of the play. It would be fun to see it someday or to stage it. But I'm working up to the goal of someday doing a comic version of the entire play and this is a good warm-up to get me thinking in the right directions.
rstuart
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both projects sound great. Looking forward to seeing what you've done.

Ruth
Randy
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sketch today (5/8/02) Greg. Your work gets better all the time.

later,
Randy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Zwol forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: