Indie Comic Creation/Self-Publishing Blog

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

charltonsect
Forum Member

Indie Comic Creation/Self-Publishing Blog

Post by charltonsect »

Hey guys.. My name is Chris and I've poked around here (met some great artists) but haven't actually said much. I'm a self-publishing writer from Cincinnati getting close to releasing my first two books through my own self serving company (Assailant Comics).

I started writing my first comic series (12 issue arc) last year. Originally I had hoped to have it published by an established publisher but quickly realized that just wasn't reality for many reasons. I've spent the last few months getting together a business plan and putting my own books together. Tons of rookie mistakes. Oversights. Just stupid things I've done as I've pushed through this process for the first time. Despite that, I really fell in love with the process.

I documented all of this in my blog called "How To Die Trying", which was recently moved to MyComicBlog.com. I think there could be some helpful stuff for anyone going down the same path. Hopefully someone else can learn from my mistakes. It's been a lot of work self-publishing. Some real heartache and headaches, but also an amazing feeling of accomplishment. It kinda made my wallet sad... but still...

Anyway.. if anyone is interested in reading it, it's HERE: http://www.mycomicblog.com/category/how-to-die-trying

My first book releases are right around the corner. The Assailant Comics website will be active soon and all sorts of fun stuff.

Just wanted to say hello. Nice to meet you guys!
charltonsect
Forum Member

Post by charltonsect »

Not to make it a habit of posting my blog stuff on here, but there's a cool inking video from one of the artists (Joe Badon) in this weeks blog. He's doing one of the short stories for my "Sleepless" book.

Anyway - it's pretty cool!

http://www.mycomicblog.com/2012/03/h...-not-to-print/

also, last weeks featured a picture of the banner I had made for the 2012 conventions!