FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Temporalectopia
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> (Web)Comics Theory: ART
Previous: PostWebcomics article Next: PostOPEN SOURCE UNIVERSES  
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Temporalectopia Reply with quote

Nearly missed seeing this because it's at the CastleZZT.net index page rather than the Spongy subdirectory that I have bookmarked, but it looks good so far. Jack's mentioned a couple of things to me about this comic and based on what I know, what I'm seeing is pretty exciting.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like how this is going- everybody's reading this, right?
Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Jack always surprises me. Always.

I especially like the "trails" (that's what I tend to see them as in the context of an online comic, even though that doesn't seem to be what Jack is using them for) above the strip itself. The fact that they're dropping from above into the panels in which characters "beam in" is interesting, but I find it even more interesting that they come from a point so far to the right, we can't even see it (at least not as of this writing). What Jack has done is made a play on comics time-flow -- we read left-to-right, and infer that time is (generally) flowing forward as we read; Jack has created an element coming from the right, which implies something moving backwards in time. The discussion of temporal matters by the characters seems to confirm this.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read it- Read it NOW. It's totally brilliant.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> (Web)Comics Theory: ART All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: