My First Webcomic (sort of)

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

InkAddict
Consistant Poster

My First Webcomic (sort of)

Post by InkAddict »

As I haven't got my scanner ready (am going to buy one this summer), I haven't got much of my paper&ink work to show you, but I'd like some feedback on this comic if it stirs anything.

It's a short one (half a page) and isn't really my best work. I created it in about 5 hours' time with Photoshop only, based on photographs I found on the net. The story is mine, though I've heard urban legends that are similar too.

Reading about other people's online comics, got me aching to write one too...

Here you are :wink:

Hope it isn't too bad :wink:

http://homepage.mac.com/yingo/.Pictures/firstcomic.jpg
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict
rcar
Consistant Poster

Post by rcar »

looks good. A couple of suggestions. The type is a little small and hard to read. The first couple of frames it is hard to tell who is talking, the word balloon is too far away. And last, the whole image is a little big, I had to scroll both up and down and left and right. Either make it fit in the window or scroll only one way.
Randy Carboni
www.mermbut.com
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

Thanks for the feedback! :D

I'm going to start using Dreamweaver soon, so I'll be able to split my pages and images soon into smaller chunks to solve the problem :wink:

Also the images and type will become bigger then...

And of course i'll start using colourtoo, so i'll be able to use coloured word balloons (necessary when using this kind of B&W images, because i don't always like the classical rounded all-white balloons, especially when trying to convey a sense of seriousness to the discussion: rounded balloons tend to make the dialogue stand apart from the sober imagery, and perhaps a greytone or subtle colour may prove interesting to keep the text and graphics united. Here the text balloons would clog into the black patches of the image if i had made their tails(?) longer)

Well, I'll post another one (better perhaps :wink: ) soon!
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict