not really thoughts on monkey town

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

vincent

not really thoughts on monkey town

Post by vincent »

um scott could you, like, end monkey town already? it's strangely surreal in a stupid way. thanks.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

What? It's just getting good!
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

I feel it coming together in one of those extremely absurd cross-over-like comics, where every character is jumping/flying around and making use of their superpowers all at once!

I hated those comics a few years ago, but in monkeytown it really kicks ass by the sheer absurdity of it.

There are more characters being created than in a small-press superhero comics series! :D
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict
gooie duck

Post by gooie duck »

IMHO, any comic featuring a character named SUPER PROFESSOR MONKEY should never end... :D
AE

Post by AE »

IMHO, any comic featuring a character named SUPER PROFESSOR MONKEY should never end...
Not to mention "Robot President Monkey" :D :D :D
Nick Douglas
Regular Poster

Who's linking line is it, anyway?

Post by Nick Douglas »

Scott's taken a risk by opening up the forum -- he's allowing us to critique, and thus even suggest. I fear a few people may feel they have a right to influence Scott's comics, as the notorious NPR listeners who call in to complain, "you're not playing enough Mozart" and such.

Just a thought, open to argument.
grug
Forum Member

Scott, you genius!

Post by grug »

Your pro-monkey stance is fresh and original. For far too long decent monkeys have long suffered negative stereotyping in popular media (ie: planet of the apes, king kong). I dream of the day when my children's children will be ruled by a Robotic President Monkey. Bless you, Scott McCloud, bless you.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Re: Who's linking line is it, anyway?

Post by Rip Tanion »

Nick Douglas wrote:Scott's taken a risk by opening up the forum -- he's allowing us to critique, and thus even suggest. I fear a few people may feel they have a right to influence Scott's comics.
Isn't that what this whole Morning Improv thing is all about?

After all, if Scott is basing these comics on titles sumbitted by the audience, shouldn't the audience be able to influence the story line as well? Isn't that the promise of the internet, interactivity? Here we have interactivity between the creator, and his audience.

It's called Morning Improv. The tradition of improv theater has always been to allow the audience to suggest plot twists periodically during the performance. Here we're taking that traditon and using it for the comics medium.
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)