FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Newsletter
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Webcomics: COMMERCE
Previous: PostJanis Ian on econ. of 'net distribution Next: PostWhere does money GO?  
Tailsteak
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Newsletter Reply with quote

This isn't really about finances, but is a meta-meta comic topic, so here goes.

Recently, I happened to follow a link on the Chopping Block webpage that led to the Solitary Confinement event. As it turned out, it was something I really wanted to do (and I did it).

The thing is, I don't usually follow little blinking ad-like banners on webpages, and I almost never read everything the authour has to say, and so I didn't get around to seeing this event until it was almost over. (Which makes me pretty sure that a lot of other webtoonists didn't know about it at all, and missed out on a great tooning event.)

Anyway, that got me thinking...

What we need, as a community, is a NEWSLETTER.

An official place for postings about such events, reviews of new talent or existing stuff, just a place with controlled content where you can go to get links to inventive comics and things we're all doing.

Or maybe that's been attempted before. Must have been.

Anyways, any thoughts about doing this (or why it has been done unsuccessfully)?
Jack Masters
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a good idea to me.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a comics-centric slashdot-style blog? I've always thought that would be a good idea, though while Threadmole was active, it seemed a little redundant.
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of some sort of subscription list with events and such sounds like a great idea, but who is going to do it? Any volunteers? I think that Matt Shepherd actually brought up something very similar over at www.talkaboutcomics.com. I will check and get back to you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Webcomics: COMMERCE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: