Question: differences between webpages and websites?

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim Winstead
Regular Poster

Question: differences between webpages and websites?

Post by Tim Winstead »

Hey gang..I've got another seemingly elementary querry for anyone who wants to take a shot at..O.k..recently.I obtained a webpage and while it's kinda cool and all..it's a very limited format..I only have a space for one
picture at a time that I can post. Now, I try to update the page as often as possible to keep the page fresh with a new pic and text, but to that end..it's still kinda "Blah". Anyone out ther curently using just a webpage and if so...how's it working for you?..I've had my page a little over a week now and I'm already bored with it.. I guess I need to take the "leap"and aquire a website here pretty soon. I think that will serve my needs better..but in the meantime.anyone who's interested should go to
www.geocities.com/pnninque/pen_and_ink.html . Take a look at it and
see if you can tell me how to make that damn image bigger. That blasted thing is so small..it's incredibly difficult to appreciate the work. As always ...thanks to all of you Tim
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

Here ya go Tim!

Post by Tim Mallos »

I'm not sure if Geo Cities is setting your image size or if you can type it in. Looking at the source for your page, the image height = "184" and width = "140" - those are pixels. That code is "shrinking" your image when it is displayed.
Referencing you image directly by the URL (http://www.geocities.com/pnninque/tubbin__it.jpg) it is acutally quite a bit larger!
*Hmmm. This should work, does GeoCities block outside calls to files?

I made my first web page in 1994, for the Mosaic browser. I had just that single page for a couple years. I have always spent most of my time building web sites for others. I still don't have a polished site up for some of the stuff I've made. Oh well. Have to get back to making a web page for somebody else.

Hope this helped!
Tim