Artist/ Inker wanted for forty-one page horror comic (PAID)

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

justinryan
Forum Member

Artist/ Inker wanted for forty-one page horror comic (PAID)

Post by justinryan »

Hello! My name is Justin M. Ryan, and I've written a graphic novel that I will be pitching to major and minor publishers, or publishing myself on Comixology. It is a strange southern horror tale, so I'm looking for someone with a dark, moody style but will consider all submissions. I'm not planning on having the book colored so I'm looking for a strong, clear penciller. Ability to ink one's own work is a major plus.

There's no set deadline but communication and reliability are key as I've had too many artists just fade away after a few pages on other projects, so I'd like to see at least a page or two every week. The ideal completion date is anytime prior to January 1, 2015 but I am flexible on time frame.

For penciling, I'm offering $500.00 via PayPal for the completed book. Payment will be made within 48 hours of receiving a lo-res proof of the final page, and the final 400 DPI TIF file should follow within 48 hours of payment. This job will be work for hire, and a contract will be signed by both sides. If you are uncomfortable with the lump payment at the end and would prefer a per page rate or split payment that is negotiable but it will be on a case by case basis. The final price is non negotiable, however.

If you are capable and would like to ink your own work, I'm willing to pay an additional $200.00 for that service as well, for a total of $700.00 for the entire project.

Please contact me at justinmichaelryan87@gmail.com (No PMs please) with your portfolio or any questions. This is my first foray into publishing a graphic novel, but I have had several short prose stories published in small press anthologies and magazines. Below I've placed links for my website and my Amazon author page.

Thank you all ahead of time for your submissions!

-Justin M. Ryan

Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00GZYGAC2
Comics CD
Understands reinventing

Re: Artist/ Inker wanted for forty-one page horror comic (PA

Post by Comics CD »

Hi ,

My name is Dan.I am interested in your project.
You can see some of my drawings here :
http://comicscojanudan.blogspot.ro/
I also send you an e-mail

Dan
NComics
Regular Poster

Post by NComics »

wait, $17 per inked page...? no wonder that the other artists moved on
-Comic Artist-
Online Portfolio: www.nickraimo.daportfolio.com
justinryan
Forum Member

Post by justinryan »

I understand it's not a lot, but I make minimum wage and can't afford to pay as much as I'd like. I wouldn't blame anyone for not taking the offers in the first place but it is upsetting that so many would agree to the terms only to back out later. I would offer more money if I could but I don't have the luxury of the disposable income.
ld-airgrafix
Consistant Poster

Post by ld-airgrafix »

NComics wrote:wait, $17 per inked page...? no wonder that the other artists moved on
There was no need for that comment. Its still $17 better than collaboration.
guillermovillarreal
Frequent Poster

Comicbook artist

Post by guillermovillarreal »

Hi I am interested in the advertisement here you sending my link regards guillo0

http://guillo0.daportfolio.com/
justinryan
Forum Member

Post by justinryan »

Thanks to everyone who applied! I've found the artist that works best for this project. I think I've responded to everyone who sent me an e-mail but if I missed anyone my apologies. Thanks again!