Looking for collaborators for pitches

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

ShawnAldridge
Forum Member

Looking for collaborators for pitches

Post by ShawnAldridge »

Looking for an artist to collaborate with on a pitch. Would like to start fresh with an artist. Co-create something that we both dig and own.

Samples of my writing can be found here http://shawnaldridge.blogspot.com/

Would like to pitch to Image, BOOM and Dark Horse. Have contacts at Boom and DH.

Questions? Ask.
vesuvius
Forum Member

response

Post by vesuvius »

Well written samples!

I have to ask...
What kind of genre interest you best?
How do you plan to share ownership that is fair for both sides?
How do you intend to pay the artists share of the profits continually once in market?
How many pages do you need for the pitch?

This is all I could think of right now... Sorry for the barrage of questions- I don't want to waste both our time. I need a writer who's fair and does what they say they will do.

sample art http://vesuvius.carbonmade.com/
ShawnAldridge
Forum Member

Post by ShawnAldridge »

Any genre but zombies and probably horror. Horror isn't really my strong suit but I could do it if the artist was favoring it. I do have one idea called Moonshiner that would be "horror" I guess. More like Justified meets vampire flicks.

Superheroes is probably another one I'd stay away from if given the choice. I just wrote a superhero story for Dark Horse Presents. But I just think Superheroes are a tough sell.

I'm probably best suited for sci-fi, action, pulp kind of stuff. Fantasy, too.

Ownership would be 50/50 across the board profit and such going forward. Team effort, team money.

Pitches are usually 5-6 pages plus cover. Oh, and I also letter and could probably swing a colorist for the pitch. Really given my financial situation, I just feel pitching is the way to go. I mean we could kickstarter and I'm positive we'd reach any goal. I have friends who have done huge successful kickstarters, like the guys who do FUBAR--became first NYT bestseller from KS.

Dark Horse and BOOM! both pay page rates so that's extra incentive for them. Image is leaning more toward ongoings these days.

AND thanks for the kind words about my writing.

Dig your style, vesuvius.
vesuvius
Forum Member

Post by vesuvius »

Thanks! I like sci-fi, action, and Fantasy as well. If you think my style can suit you, email me and we discuss it further.
ShawnAldridge
Forum Member

Post by ShawnAldridge »

Cool. Sending email now