Shades of December -- New Issue and Submissions Wanted!

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Shades of December -- New Issue and Submissions Wanted!

Post by Alexander D. »

In the new issue of Shades of December:

Graphic Fiction
The Little Mermaid
Rigel Stuhmiller's dark retelling of Hans Christian Anderson's classic fairy tale, featuring stunning full-color art.

New Poetry by
Barry Ballard, T. R. Barnes, Michelle Collotta, Chris Crittenden, D.W. Cunningham, Carol Frith, Gary L. McDowell, Bob Meszaros, Vera Schwarcz, Ray H. Woodard, Frederick Zydeck

Drama
Parachute Jump, by Darren Pine
"You want to know what I did? I started following you. Watching you all the time. I was like a bloodhound trying to keep the scent. I would watch your window at night, checking to see if Fathead was over. I would call you and hang up, just to see if you would answer the phone. I was consumed. I couldn't think of anything else. I couldn't function. If that's not insane, I don't know what is."

Essay
Justin Solonynka
"The Southern Baptist Convention, which believes that homosexuality is a sin against God and refuses to extend membership to homosexuals in any of their churches, has nonetheless stated that the Westboro Baptist Church represents "the lunatic fringe." I figure being called "the lunatic fringe" by right-wing born-again Christian fundamentalists is really saying something."

Read it all now at: www.shadesofdecember.com

We are now looking for work for issue 13! Deadline for submission: March 15

Submission Guidelines
We are looking strictly for complete one-shot stories. Serials and comic strips will not be considered. All submissions will need to be finished projects, including all artwork, inking, and lettering. All submissions will be judged as a whole-on the quality of both the writing and the artwork, as well as the legibility of the lettering. We prefer subtle and realistic storytelling. This does not rule out sci-fi or fantasy elements-but we do expect to see more than just spiffy gadgets and weird creatures. We want stories that are emotionally and/or intellectually engaging. We are not looking for action/adventure stories. Please e-mail a detailed synopsis of your story. If you have Web space and can upload your comic, please include a URL, in addition to your synopsis. Otherwise, if it sounds like something we can use, we will make arrangements with you to view the completed work. Alternatively, you may submit the completed piece with artwork on floppy, ZIP, or CD-ROM. Do not include artwork in your e-mail. Any artwork received by e-mail without prior arrangement will be deleted unviewed.