Looking for artist(s) for Heavy Metal submissions

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

kespa
Frequent Poster

Looking for artist(s) for Heavy Metal submissions

Post by kespa »

Hi guys!

My name is Hannu Kesola and I'm comic book writer from Finland. I'm checking out if there would be artist(s) who would like to collaborate on Heavy Metal magazine or Dark Horse Presents submission(s)?

One of my stories is already being published on upcoming Heavy Metal #274 and I was recently hired to write two graphic novels for top 5 North American publisher. My other works include e.g. graphic novel "Night Screams for Mercy" (https://www.sstpublications.co.uk/Night ... -Mercy.php), that will also be made as a feature film later this year.

So I'm looking for artists that would like to collaborate on short horror stories (max. 8 pages). Pay would be from the fee that the possible publisher would pay. I know that artists are not big fans of backend pay, but this job would fit for up and coming artists that would like to do shorter stories, between other projects. And for artists that would think it would benefit them to work with a writer who already has succesfully submitted story to Heavy Metal and who is already doing work for one of the biggest publishers of the industry. Of course you must also have enough talent, so I recommend that you check first what kind of art there is on Heavy Metal.

If you are interested, feel free to send email me with sequential samples: hannu.kesola( A )gmail.com or you can contact me through Facebook: www.facebook.com/writerhannukesola or Twitter: www.twitter.com/hannu_kesola

I'll be keeping submissions open till the end of the month.

And yes, I know that my English is far from perfect, but of course my scripts are always checked:)

SCRIPT SAMPLE:

PAGE ONE (five panels)

Panel 1.
Night time. Inside a hospital room, standing in front of a large plate glass window, is RON, our protagonist. He’s skinny, in his mid-50s, in a hospital gown, with an IV line attached to his hand. He stares from his room at the skyscrapers outside, which seem largely abandoned, with just a few windows lit. Smoke billows from a few of them. The night sky is completely empty.

TITLE:
Back from the Dead

CAP/RON:
In a situation like this, where most would only despair, some of us find hope.

CAP/RON:
Hope, I thought, that was long gone.

Panel 2.
In the hospital’s emergency stairwell, the shadowed forms of two men (zombies - though we don’t clearly reveal it just yet) slowly move forward under the harsh red glare of emergency lighting. A sign on the wall indicates that this is the eleventh floor.

Panel 3.
The two shadowed forms continue up the emergency stairwell.

Panel 4.
Ron, in his hospital room. He has turned away from the window, his narrow face looking gaunt. He is obviously very ill.

CAP/RON:
You see, when you’re in a palliative care and you know you’re going to die soon, there isn’t much left to hope for

Panel 5. Close up on Ron’s face. It almost seems that he is smiling.

CAP/RON:
All that changed five days ago.
borosaurinjo
Frequent Poster

Post by borosaurinjo »

Staarkednav
Regular Poster

artist available

Post by Staarkednav »

Hi, Fast turn over rate here.

Find my portfolio is here www.KLV.carbonmade.com