Tarquin collab ?

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

trick
Forum Member

Tarquin collab ?

Post by trick »

I was thinking about a couple of possible branch possibilities to the current improv when it hit me: The Tarquin engine is perfect for doing a massive comic collaboration, isn't it ? Everyone could create a new branch, or continue an existing one. A thing like that could get massive if it was run long enough, maybe it could even run for as long as people contributed (well, as long as someone with access to the engine was willing to organize the panels, anyway), to create an ever evolving infinite comic...

So, anyone want to set up something like this ? ;)

- Gerry
kaos_de_moria
Consistant Poster

Post by kaos_de_moria »

if i understood that right, the first comic published with the tarwuin engine (POPCOM UK or what is was on merlin's page) actually is a collaboration. this comic shows in my opinion very well, what possiblities there is to work with tarquin.

kaos
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

Meh, if someone sets it up, I'll add what I can.
Merlin
Frequent Poster

Post by Merlin »

Oddly enough, I have been planning to run a jam comic using Tarquin at E-merl.

Originally I wanted to set it up so that anyone could add a panel themselves using a bit of php but, having done some experiments, I don't think this is going to prove practicle - Flash can only import jpegs on the fly, and for file-size and download time reasons, you really need to use gifs or pngs in Tarquin.

I'm kicking around a slightly re-tooled version of the idea at the moment. It probably won't be totally open-ended, just for practicle bandwidth concerns (The size of POCOM resulted in a massive extra bandwidth billing from my web server), but it should still provide for plenty of opportunity for branching ideas and jammy goodness.

Look for it to appear at E-merl some time after Mimi finishes.
New Experiments In Fiction

www.E-merl.com
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

whoa that sounds awesome!!
zerofoks
Frequent Poster

Post by zerofoks »

I am pretty sure something like this already exists. Unfortunately I cannot find the URL anymore, it has been some years since I last visited it.
<a href="http://www.radicalartistfoundation.de/zero.htm" target=_blank">zerofoks @ the Radical Artist Foundation</a>
kaos_de_moria
Consistant Poster

Post by kaos_de_moria »

zerofoks wrote:I am pretty sure something like this already exists. Unfortunately I cannot find the URL anymore, it has been some years since I last visited it.
aeh sorry, but what are you talking about? you lost me quite directly after "I am..." :-?

kaos