Zot! references in Smax

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Zot! references in Smax

Post by Greg Stephens »

"Smax" #1 came out yesterday and contains two visual references to Zot! One is large and pretty easy to catch, the other smaller. For those not in the know, "Smax" is a spin-off of Alan Moore's "Top 10" comic and is written by Moore and drawn by Zander Cannon. "Top 10" is about a precinct of cops in a city where everybody has super-powers and routinely features cameos by other fictional characters from comics, movies, books and TV (there was even a Scott McCloud appearance in one). Alan Moore we probably are all familiar with, but Zander is less well-known outside his involvement with "Top 10" as the layout artist. I've been enjoying his work since his "Replacement God" series and it's good to see his art again on "Smax" (but in color this time, which is different). Zander also has a blog.

This sort of turned into a "Hype" post rather than a "M.I." post, but I really just wanted to point out the Zot! reference...
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.