Young writer looking for a young artist!

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

peasewhizz
Forum Member

Young writer looking for a young artist!

Post by peasewhizz »

Hello! I'm currently looking for an artist to pencil a comic book series I am developing. The first draft of the first issue is already completed, and ready for any interested artists to take a look.

I don't have much money and I am just starting out as a writer, so I really am looking for just anyone really that suits the style I am writing for. So if you are an artist just starting out, this a good job for you. There is no pay. I am looking to publish these online and gain a following before going anywhere else.

Since I'm somewhat paranoid, I have working titles and placeholder names. Bare with me. The actual script has correct names, etc.

Working Title
Sapphire the Vampire

Genre
Supernatural superhero

Target audience
Teenagers and older

Why is that the target audience?
Mild language, violence, disturbing images, sexuality, and partial nudity

Premise
A young vampire's older sister has overthrown their father and killed him. In response, Sapphire has fled the Empire of the Vampires. Living as a recluse, she finds herself coming face-to-face with true evil in the world and becomes a savior for mankind.

Sapphire
Sapphire is the main character. Unlike her twisted older sister, she is empathetic and does not display any "evil" behavior that most vampires do. She attempted to stop her sister from carrying out the assassination of their father but she was nearly killed by her sister in a showdown. She failed, and fled the empire. Often shunned by humanity, she took to living in a secluded forest where she would not be bothered. This all changed when she realized mankind was plagued by numerous villainous men and women. Now, she attempts to save mankind despite the disliking humanity has for her.

Lucy
Lucy is a supporting character in the beginning of the series. She is a young girl, aged around 8, who met Sapphire in the forest one day. She became a friendly face for Sapphire. In the first issue, Lucy's small village is tormented by a group of bandits led by a mysterious man who may have some darker motives deep inside him.

Gabrielle
Sapphire's older sister. Unlike her sister, Gabrielle is quietly evil and sinister. She assassinated her father and nearly murdered Sapphire when she opposed her. Now ruling the Empire of the Vampires, she awaits the day her sister returns to face her once again...

Bandit Leader
The bandit leader torments the villagers, often threatening them until money is given to him. He is rich from stolen money. He carries a bag full of various items, and a helmet that spells certain terror...

Knight of Bloodshed
A leader of an ancient order of knights, and a blacks sorcerer. Early on, he takes to hunting vampires and that, of course, means Sapphire is on his radar as well...

Fang Slayers
A group of vampire hunters.

E-mail me if interested!! Thank you!

Here is a sample script if you would like to see a preview of my style:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4r ... sp=sharing[/b] (ps, this is not a sample of the series, this is a Spider-Man sample script to display my writing style)
Last edited by peasewhizz on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Birch
Forum Member

Im interested!

Post by Josh Birch »

I think your story sounds great so far and has real potential! how many pages were you planning on making each book? Your script looks good, you attached a spiderman one I dont know if that was on purpose or not but its a great read and you have obviously thought it through!

Josh
peasewhizz
Forum Member

Re: Im interested!

Post by peasewhizz »

Josh Birch wrote:I think your story sounds great so far and has real potential! how many pages were you planning on making each book? Your script looks good, you attached a spiderman one I dont know if that was on purpose or not but its a great read and you have obviously thought it through!

Josh
Hi Josh. Yes, I attached the Spider-Man script to provide an example of my writing style. Thank you for replying. Send me an email and I'll contact you back. Thanks! Each book is aimed at the standard 22 pages but I'm considering dropping it down to around 12 or 14.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

advice

Post by Ruyei »

Although I don't really get a good feel of the mood of this piece, I think this is very solid and along with the script is a very professional display of what you have to offer.

Two tips, number one is that it may help to work on a short version of this comic (or another of your choice) to test the waters and see if the artist is right for you that approaches you.

#2 Is that you should probably look in other areas. Try digitalwebbing's forums, they're a lot more populated than Zwol's and you although the popular style there is less varied I think you're bound to get someone there if you don't have luck here. Check out Smackjeeve's forum too. You'll get more manga style and cartoon style there and they are less dedicated BUT the styles you'll see are more varied and it's also worth a shot. Also, google "Artist looking for writer" or vice versa and check out other places as well.

Best of luck! I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.
Sincerely,
Ruyei/Rob
peasewhizz
Forum Member

Re: advice

Post by peasewhizz »

Ruyei wrote:Although I don't really get a good feel of the mood of this piece, I think this is very solid and along with the script is a very professional display of what you have to offer.

Two tips, number one is that it may help to work on a short version of this comic (or another of your choice) to test the waters and see if the artist is right for you that approaches you.

#2 Is that you should probably look in other areas. Try digitalwebbing's forums, they're a lot more populated than Zwol's and you although the popular style there is less varied I think you're bound to get someone there if you don't have luck here. Check out Smackjeeve's forum too. You'll get more manga style and cartoon style there and they are less dedicated BUT the styles you'll see are more varied and it's also worth a shot. Also, google "Artist looking for writer" or vice versa and check out other places as well.

Best of luck! I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.
Sincerely,
Ruyei/Rob
Thank you. I took your advice pieces so far. Me and Josh are going to tackle this one as we are both starting out. Thanks!
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

cool

Post by Ruyei »

Best of luck!