But no one ever mentioned the walrus

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Haze
Regular Poster

Post by Haze »

to be honest, this makes me laugh more than what I expected this comic to become. a true "improv"! =)

Inspiration in Reverse

Post by Guest »

Plus, let's face it: It's always rivetting to be reminded of just how much terrible clip art there is in the world. The things us office drones have to endure just to snag a free sandwich from time-to-time. Yeesh...
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

Are there no walruses in that clip-art package?

Nobody ever informed Uninformed Bob about the the walrus.

Nobody at the airport ever noticed Scott's Wacom Tablet being lumped in with the baggage for Flight 409 to Austin (rhymes with Boston), TX; where it was found by a junkie slacker, who sold it to buy some "smack."
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
Surlyben
Frequent Poster

Post by Surlyben »

Pludes!

Poor parallelogram. :cry:
--
www.surlyben.com Recipes for the apocalypse...
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

ShadowCaster wrote:I don't think they should be put out, they are part of the history of the comic. ... it's an experimental comic and a funny intrusion of reality (pen lost) in the comic.
Reminds me of MegaTokyo's recent essay on the "5-minute rule" of fixing online comics: http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=466 (under the comic, on the left)

I responded to the rule in my blog: http://decafsilicon.blogspot.com/2003_0 ... 9452979023
Fortunato
Frequent Poster

Post by Fortunato »

But everybody noticed that I misremembered the title and got the name on the topic wrong.

Yeesh. I feel dumb.

But it didn't stop you guys from posting here. Haha...
Actually, I agree that scott should leave the funky panels in. They're a nice little trip, and deeply funny.
Kris Lachowski

Uh oh...

Post by Kris Lachowski »

Uh oh, they're gonna do it.
gareis

Post by gareis »

That woman should apply sand paper to her nose. She could accidentally impale her hand if she sneezed.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Re: Uh oh...

Post by Rip Tanion »

Kris Lachowski wrote:Uh oh, they're gonna do it.
You mean, "Hooray, they're gonna do it." It's about time we had some good old fashioned smut in M.I.
gareis wrote:That woman should apply sand paper to her nose. She could accidentally impale her hand if she sneezed.
I remember hearing as a teenager, that a women with a pointy nose is a nymphomaniac. Of course, I heard a lot of bubeh-meises about sex, at that age. My experience has lead me to the conclusion that it's girls with button noses who are the ones that "gotta have it!"
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

Every girl's "gotta have it."

Just gotta know how to...blow their nose, as it were.
michaelpatrick
Forum Member

Post by michaelpatrick »

I might be reading into it, but there are a lot of innuendos in the latest panels "Insert myself" "Roll over you" "you're soft".

Not to mention the fact that she uses "thick", "long", "firm", "stiff" and "rigid" in one breath.

I am SO reading too much into it...
alsis37
Forum Member

Wait !!

Post by alsis37 »

Now I remember why I never go to comic book shops or conventions any more !! :oops: (Stop it, Guys !! I'm a Delicate Flower [tm]. Just like my idol, Judy Tenuta.)

Well, there's this and the fact that I sunk all my money into Real Estate and my cat's impending teeth-cleaning. If you wanna' get technical. But still...

As for "old-fashioned" smut, that'd be something like Joyce's Ulysses, wouldn't it ? Are Scott and David Lasky the same guy ? Can't be. I'm almost sure I saw them both in San Diego in the same room, once...
"...It's like my birthday every day
'Cause Mr. Monk is such a ray of wisdom and light
You know he dried all the fears from my eyes
And in time
All time
Will be time..."

--- The Negro Problem
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

michaelpatrick wrote:I might be reading into it, but there are a lot of innuendos in the latest panels "Insert myself" "Roll over you" "you're soft".

Not to mention the fact that she uses "thick", "long", "firm", "stiff" and "rigid" in one breath.

I am SO reading too much into it...
You're not the only one on this board with a dirty mind. I thought the same thing, right away, when I read it, too. The only words missing were penetrate, suck, blow, and buxom.

I suspect this is no accident. I suspect Scott is a red blooded, rock-ribbed, All-American perv; just like the rest of us.

Has anybody ever "done it" in front of a walrus (or brimly) before? Maybe you did, and don't even know it, because nobody ever noticed the walrus (or brimly).

Are walruses (or brimlies) voyeristic in nature? Is Marlin Perkins in the house?
Cyborg Caveman
Frequent Poster

Heh...

Post by Cyborg Caveman »

Judging by the way this is going I sure hope the Walrus is a voyeur! Yay smut! Maybe the receptionist will let them borrow her desk.

Oh yeah - - delicate flower? *snigger* You mean like a pliant and supple blossom? Velvety petals bending and swaying in a strong breeze?

Heh. This innuendo crap is fun! :P
Greg O.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Re: Wait !!

Post by Rip Tanion »

alsis37 wrote:NowWell, there's this and the fact that I sunk all my money into Real Estate and my cat's impending teeth-cleaning. If you wanna' get technical. But still...
Imagine how much teeth cleaning would cost you if you owned a walrus.
alsis37 wrote:As for "old-fashioned" smut, that'd be something like Joyce's Ulysses, wouldn't it ? Are Scott and David Lasky the same guy ? Can't be. I'm almost sure I saw them both in San Diego in the same room, once...
I'm not familiar Joyce's Ulysses ("What else did she write?", asks Costello. :wink: ), because I rarely ever read anything that I can't finish in one session of sitting on the can ("Kirk Douglas" from the last improv could have finished War and Peace in there.) However, I do know all the words to Clapton & Sharp's Tales of Brave Ulysses (you should hear me rip into it in the shower - hoo boy), and I read Homer's Odysee in junior high (I had the schrahtskas that day), but I still don't know all the words to Page & Plant's Achilles Last Stand (you should really hear me rip into that one - oy vey!)
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I was going to remind you gents that there were most likely ladies present, but as I suspected, they can fend for themselves quite nicely. (Delicate Flower, indeed!)
Rip Tanion wrote:Imagine how much teeth cleaning would cost you if you owned a walrus.
I'm sure you meant brimly.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!
Cyborg Caveman
Frequent Poster

Post by Cyborg Caveman »

Greg Stephens wrote:I was going to remind you gents that there were most likely ladies present, but as I suspected, they can fend for themselves quite nicely. (Delicate Flower, indeed!)
Eh, it's all in good fun. To be honest, I gave up acting like a gentleman when women gave up on acting like ladies. Even then I'm normally still too chivalrous by half. Hence my amusement - - most women try too hard to be one of the guys these days for me to take "I'm a delicate flower" seriously.
Greg O.
Corax
Forum Member

Post by Corax »

Delicate flower... hee hee, as in, a huge brightly-colored plant reproductive organ that practically screams "COME N' GET IT!" at every passing insect?
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

I was going to post about the comic "But No One Ever Noticed The Walrus" but I think this is the wrong thread ... gesh, the minds in here. Anyhow, I like the interlude panels. I laughed my ass off. I keep on looking at the comic like a "Where's Waldo" and saying there is the Walrus. I have a feeling that this comic is never going to end, except that when Bernice locks up at night and the Walrus is still sitting in the waiting room. The comic is kind of oposite of Gadot. I agree with Tim about the saturated line art. Nice. Anyhow, I will wait until the comic is done before making any more comments.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Anonymous wrote:Uh oh, they're gonna do it.
Swing and a miss!
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

Greg Stephens wrote:
Swing and a miss!
:-? Well they could still ummm... turn around and change their minds or something, but probably not. Oh well I guess I'll have to find my jollies elsewhere... sigh.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Post by Rip Tanion »

Kris Lachowski wrote:
Greg Stephens wrote:
Swing and a miss!
:-? Well they could still ummm... turn around and change their minds or something, but probably not. Oh well I guess I'll have to find my jollies elsewhere... sigh.
He can always soften her up with "peace-offering" cocktail, after work. When all else fails, ply her with liquor.
Cyborg Caveman
Frequent Poster

Post by Cyborg Caveman »

Rip Tanion wrote:He can always soften her up with "peace-offering" cocktail, after work. When all else fails, ply her with liquor.
Shouldn't that be "When all else fails, liquor!" ?

*cues rimshot* Bah dump tss!

I'll be here all week, folks!

In any case, ouch, denied. But still it's nice to know I'm not the only dirty mind who immediately picked up on the lurid subtext in that batch of panels.
Greg O.