Bookmarking multiple comics

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Bookmarking multiple comics

Post by Greg Stephens »

Responding to Scott's newspost this morning where he says:
Scott McCloud wrote:I check about seventy links quickly each morning using bookmarks saved to my desktop as files so I can run down the list and click each in rapid succession.
I'm going to pimp my favorite (cross-platform) web browser and mention Mozilla Firebird. Using the tabbed interface, I can open an entire folder full of bookmarks at one time with one click into several tabs. I read my morning webcomics in this fashion. One click, a dozen tabs open and I begin reading, closing each tab as I go. I have another folder for Sunday comics, one for daily blogs, one for actual, real news, etc. It also saves on loading time, because while I'm reading one site, the others are loading in the background and I almost never have to wait for a page. If a page hasn't loaded by the time I get to it, then I read one that has and come back to it when it's ready.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
ShadowCaster
Frequent Poster

Post by ShadowCaster »

I'm doing the same with netscape.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

That's right- Since Netscape is based on Mozilla, that'll work, too. Been a while since I used Opera, but their tab-browsing system should also allow you to do this.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.