Banner swap

Micropayments, Macropayments, Subscriptions, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Thomas51471

Banner swap

Post by Thomas51471 »

Hey anyone intersted in doing a banner swap? Check out www.gutterflycomix.com and if yer interested email me at drawingfreak@gutterflycomix.com and let us know.

Thanx,
Thomas Clemmons
www.gutterflycomix.com
www.cafepress.com/gutterflycomix

InkAddict
Consistant Poster

Post by InkAddict »

ummm.... :roll: I know this is kind of nitpicking, but shouldn't this be in the "hype" forum? 8) cool comic though 8)
Check out my new site (under construction) at: InkAddict
Thomas
Frequent Poster

Whats wrong with AOL?

Post by Thomas »

What's wrong with some of my pages being on AOL's servers?
Thanks,
Thomas Clemmons
DON the IDEA GUY
Forum Member

Seemed appropriate...

Post by DON the IDEA GUY »

I saw the "banner" topic and thought it might be fun to share this link:
http://www.internetbumperstickers.net/i ... age_25.gif
Seemed appropriate to the web commerce/micropayment ideal. :)

ragtag
Consistant Poster

Post by ragtag »

DON when I saw your banner I came with a great idea to make money of web comics. :) Do a long format detective or mystery story, and when there are only a few pages left put up a banner like that except with a higher price. In effect holding the ending hostage.

Of course, it would ruin the flow of the story and your readers would hate you for it. So maybe it's not such a good idea after all. Just thought it was funny.

Ragnar
DON the IDEA GUY
Forum Member

Held Hostage

Post by DON the IDEA GUY »

ragtag wrote:DON when I saw your banner I came with a great idea to make money of web comics. :) Do a long format detective or mystery story, and when there are only a few pages left put up a banner like that except with a higher price. In effect holding the ending hostage.

Of course, it would ruin the flow of the story and your readers would hate you for it. So maybe it's not such a good idea after all. Just thought it was funny.

Ragnar

I don't think that's neccesarily true.
I feel that if you can pull customers in by saying "lookit the purty pictures" or "isn't this story cool?" you'd have a better chance of building credibility in charging them money.

I'm working on a project now wherein the first few pages of the story are free, the next few cost a quarter, and the next few, and the next, etc. until the extra large final chapter which will cost a little more -- the final amount paid for the entire story should be around $5 or $6 if purchased in pieces.

Readers will also have the option to order the story in it's entirety for a discounted price.

I feel offering the story in pay-for-pieces allows the audience to "buy until their bored" -- if I lose their attention, I lose their income.

The project is still being developed (first draft complete, revisions and art being prepared now) and I expect to roll it out sometime in the fall (it's a seasonal story.)

I'd love to hear from anyone else who may have used a similar strategy, or has ideas on how this might be made more successful. Poking holes in the concept is absolutely allowed -- if I know its weaknesses, I can make it stronger.
~DON