Comics affect brain the same way cocaine does

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Ian Brill

Comics affect brain the same way cocaine does

Post by Ian Brill »

Rodger Langridge posts on the TCJ messboards (seen here:http://www.tcj.com/messboard/ubb/Forum2 ... 02368.html that according to Stanford U., "funny cartoons" rewards the brain the same way cocaine does. Intresting news, thought Mr. McCloud would be interested. This subject (comics affecting the brain, not drugs) is his kind of thing.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

Ok, after much time, effort, and osterizing, I've finally managed to shred and grind the Sunday Daily News Comic section into tiny little granuals, and snorted about two lines worth. I can't stop grinding my teeth. I think I'm gonna bag the rest and sell it on the playground tomorrow.
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
MotherInferior
Forum Member

Post by MotherInferior »

In the spirit of print comics, I've decide to condense my local funny pages even furthur into highly concentrated, vial-sized nuggets I'm currently referring to as Crackomics (patent-pending). Soon to be followed by an at-home condensing unit, the RonCo "Comic De-Humor-drator" -> "Just one giggle and they're Good As New!"

**INVESTORS** IPO coming soon. Meeting theme: "Hey, at least it's worth more than WorldCom!"
IronSpike
Regular Poster

Post by IronSpike »

Rubbing powedered "Nancy" reprints over my gums and waiting for the desired affect....
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

gateway drug

Post by Eric F Myers »

Is it true that "funny cartoons" are a gateway drug to other more serious comics? I think that's how I got hooked. Is this why I'm always broke? sigh... I don't think I can break the habit. :cry: