Zwol: No Contest
About this No Contest Thingy:
The Saturday comics that I've been showing have run out. I only made 10 of them, because (due to their self-indulgent nature- basically, me talking about me) I was sure that they would only be of limited interest to readers. But I always intended to replace them with somthing else. So, in a first attempt to do that and also do something that will encourage more people to make comics, I've come up with the Zwol: No Contest.
How it works:
- You make a comic and send it to me.
- I'll post it as Zwol's Saturday comic one week.
Pretty easy, yes?
The Nitty Gritty:
This is NOT a contest. There are NO prizes. I cannot and will not grant you money, fame, or anything else. All that happens is that I will post your comic on my site on some Saturday, where it will be viewable until the following Monday. Your comic will be a part of Zwol's permenant comic archive in the No Contest section (until some bad thing happens, like thermonuclear war).
There is no pre-determined deadline for the No Contest because it's NOT a contest. When I get tired of it, it's over. Or if I don't get any submissions at all, it's also over.
Here are my only suggestions:
- Do whatever you want, but:
- Please do not be crude in language or subject matter. I would like to see some smart, sophisticated comics that don't pander, but if I think it's inappropriate, I won't use it.
- Remember the space limitations. If you work in a shape roughly 3 units by 1 unit, it will fit nicely. (I draw in an area 29cm wide by 10cm tall, for example.) However, you can make your comic whatever shape you like, as long as it's not too large (by which I mean file size, as in kilobytes).
- Black & white art compresses better for faster download times. Use color if you like, but if I have to compress the image a bit, it may not look perfect.
- You may use my characters or you may use your own characters. I don't care.
How to submit:
- PLEASE: Keep the file size as small as possible. Under 100K, if you can.
- Use .GIF or .JPG format.
- Send it via email:
- email to: NoContest@zwol.org
- Your name
- Your email address
- The file attachment!
- Anything else you want me to know
- Alternatively, if you have a website of your own, you could save me the email download time and post the comic on your site and just send me the image's URL. I'd actually prefer this method, but not everyone can do it.
- I will send an email to confirm that I have your file. I will attempt to be prompt, but delays may occur for many reasons. If you've sent a file and I haven't responded within a couple days, send me an email.