greg: i have 2 questions for you.

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

shadefell
Regular Poster

greg: i have 2 questions for you.

Post by shadefell »

1) i sent you some fan art a few days ago. did you get it? if so, what will you do with it?

2) if i drew a couple strips of kate and the comic book store, would you publish them here?

you have SUCH great characters, and your art and stories are so good. i'm vibrating with angst that you're not updating. you and CCS are both on extended hiatus... bobbins is momentarily delayed, hell, even pete abrams is on vacation. i feel so alone!
Tailsteak
Frequent Poster

Kate

Post by Tailsteak »

Yeah, I was considering doing a few Kate comics myself:

"Excuse me, ma'am, are you okay? Ma'am? Ma'am?!?"
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Sorry- Yeah, I did get your email, but haven't responded yet. I was very pleased to get it and I'm going to be making a section (finally!) for art that I've received from other people.

I've been working on tons of new behind-the-scenes stuff on my site (new database storage for the images- did a conversion from my old method today) and this should allow me to do tons more stuff, like post what other sorts of art I get from people like you who put in the extra effort to make it.

Because of this last bit, though, I'm not sure exactly when I'll be posting an image regularly but, probalby soon. I mean it this time. If you want to send me anything you've done, I'd love to see it and might be able to find the time to slap it on the index page.

I've just been hopeless lately... :roll:
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
shadefell
Regular Poster

Post by shadefell »

seems like a lot of online cartoonists have been really burnt out and "hopeless" recently.

i hope you pull through it, as i really enjoy your comic.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

It's a tough gig, but I'm working up some enthusiasim within myself again.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
shadefell
Regular Poster

Post by shadefell »

i have a scanport 3000 scanner.
this is one of the worst scanners in existance... or maybe it's just the software. i don't know.
in addition to constantly freezing up first the program and then my entire computer, i'm unable to "preview" before scanning (that freezes everything up, as does clicking on buttons, trying to scan, thinking about scanning something, or looking at the scanner) and now, apparently, when i tell it to save an image as a .jpg, it doesn't. at any rate, my *decent* photo software doesn't recognize them as images. hooray!

if i sold a book that was missing chapters, or a movie that didn't have sound effects edited in, nobody would purchase my product. but software companies ROUTINELY sell as a finished product unfinished or buggy or just downright crappy software that requires patches and upgrades. i don't get it. i really don't.

the homepage for the software "doesn't support" any version of the software that isn't full... and this isn't the full version of the software, since it came bundled with the scanner. and the homepage for the scanner is down and will be down for awhile because they're "upgrading" the site. nosing around online, however, i've found that the scanner simply isn't fully compliant with win98 (let alone ME which i have, or XP), even though it's a PC product. so, the company released a product which is only borderline usable. no wonder it was so cheap. UGH!