I rule this forum?

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

I rule this forum?

Post by japanimationfist »

I don't know, do I? It's been a bit of a ghost two lately - or is it just me?
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
Wikkit
Consistant Poster

Post by Wikkit »

Hey, now that I'm here it's a ghost two. Before it was just a ghost one.

It's the ZWOL forum. What do you expect? I suppose we could have deep ongoing discussions about the symbolism in Bowie spectres, but I don't see that happening.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

It has been slow recently. Two of the main things which bring people to this forum haven't been happening: I haven't done a comic of my own in a good many months; Scott McCloud's not dong the Morning Improv. Beyond that, there's always new forums popping up, like the Modern Tales Talk About Comics forum, which caters to much of the same audience as this one. I also haven't had the time recently to keep posting myself, which, in a time of slow traffic, makes a larger difference than usual. I've been working on (though not quickly) a new linking system which would be sort of like a Yahoo catalog for online comic links and I think that project, when finished, would make this site even more useful and bring more people in to the discussions, but I haven't had much energy directed that way lately either. I feel like a lot of the malaise surrounding the forum is due to my inactivity- lack of new comics, lack of posting, lack of nifty new features for the site- but I'm not sure at this moment if that's where I really want to direct my energies.

Other than that, I'd offer that if you peruse your Coleridge, you'll suss out the significance behind the Bowie appearances.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

Personally, doing three grad school courses has kept me from being as active online as I ordinarily am. I'm sure a lot of other people are in school too, which would certainly contribute to the slowdown.

Greg, that directory idea sounds great!
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

I would post more offen if I had a better computer.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Alexander D. wrote:Greg, that directory idea sounds great!
Yeah, it does sound great doesn't it? It was an idea I came up with in order to replace the now-defunct Catoonist's Fountain of Knowledge, a great resources site which is now gone, gone, gone. You can still catch a glimpse of its past glory in the internet archive.

As I said, the version I'm working on (sort of) is more like a Yahoo or DMOZ directory, but specific to comics.
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

Post by japanimationfist »

Sounds great Greg. I am looking forward to seeing what comes from it.

btw, did you receive my little piece of fan-art a month or so back? I hope so, because my 'puter crashed, and I lost all my drawings and can't send it again :(
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yes, I have it. It's another symptom of my malaise that I haven't replied to you yet or posted it on the site (though with regard to the latter, I'm really more interested with having something that I've drawn on the main page while the comic's in hibranation. Since it's easy now for me to add new archives/galleries, I really just make a "gift art" section).
Jason Alderman
Frequent Poster

comics yahoo...

Post by Jason Alderman »

A comics directory is something that I'd say is very much needed...especially one with editors, a la dmoz or yahoo.

One interesting feature I'd like to vote for is groupings/links between the comics creators. These wouldn't have to be exclusive (e.g., because I hang out on the zwol forum doesn't mean that I can't be in the MT group), but it would be an interesting way to not only look at the communities that develop on the web, but also to recommend to the casual directory browser links to other comics/comics creators he/she might like.

Just a random idea. I just see a lot of webcomickers clustering in groups--e.g., rstevens, jeff rowland, and john allison; vera, erika, dylan, kevin, jen, and bill; etc.; and I think this would be cool to track from a geeky anthropological standpoint.

jason