Webcomics in bath / up tree.

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Merlin
Frequent Poster

Webcomics in bath / up tree.

Post by Merlin »

Ha!

http://www.clickwheel.net/

Ha, I say!

The timing of this opportunity was odd, as during the next year I'd already planned to be doing some research into narrative on mobile devices for my Uni (hopefully - still waiting on the research bid to go through).

Brain Fist is written to work on the web, but also very much with iPod delivery in mind. The idea of the characters talking directly to the reader should - I hope - be strengthened and made more intimate when experienced via the small, hand held screen.

Does anyone here have an iPod Photo and a Mac? I don't actually have either, so I'm in the dark as to how my stuff looks/feels on the kit itself.

Oh, and while I'm here:

http://e-merl.com

Complete redesign of E-merl to make it weekly-update friendly. Anyone spot anything broken?
New Experiments In Fiction

www.E-merl.com
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

Post by Tim Tylor »

That looks pretty interesting. :)

It would be nice if you could pan across an image so you could have frames wider than the screen, but that might have to wait for the video iPod they mentioned.
Merlin
Frequent Poster

Post by Merlin »

Actually no, you can do exactly that with it. Demian 5's comic works that way on the actual iPod itself, but they couldn't figure out an easy way to show it doing that on the fake preview iPod on their website.

The software supports a whole mess of different transitions - I'm looking forward to playing with them once a PC version comes along.

(Aside: I've been drinking and left my window open at night with the light on. I'm surrounded by daddy-long-legs as I type this. It's kind of creepy.)
New Experiments In Fiction

www.E-merl.com