Fluid Nav

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Fluid Nav

Post by Greg Stephens »

OK, this is sort of tricky and might not be useful for comics, but check out the "Fluid Nav" at this site:

http://www.youngpup.net/?request=/exper ... ct/samples

Click on either "Original Sample" or "Altered Sample" to see it in action.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Tailsteak
Frequent Poster

Interesting.

Post by Tailsteak »

Well, it's interesting, I'll give it that. I think it might be tough, though, to be sure you'd seen everything.
johnnystorm
Forum Member

Form vs funky

Post by johnnystorm »

This is a perfect example of something that while looks cool, doesn't really work well... I really have a problem with this type of set up simply cause all I want to do is click on the icon in the middle, and it keeps moving out of the way.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yeah, that's what the "Altered Sample" version fixes, but you can't see that because there's no icons in that version. Sort of defeats the purpose of having an alternate example if it isn't comparable to the first one, huh?
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

http://www.beatles.com/top.html

Here's another interface that is similar to what Greg pointed out. I personally like it. You can spin it, stop it, click it. Could be interesting/confusing to use for a story.

later,
Randy
Tailsteak
Frequent Poster

Post by Tailsteak »

I have trouble with it. It sometimes changes direction for no reason.
gazorenzoku
Reinvents understanding

Post by gazorenzoku »

The Beatles site is fun, but a little bit difficult to navigate. In addition to the buttons being hard to press because they move around, it takes a while to figure out exactly what is there to access. However, I suppose for someone who really loves the Beatles and has some free time to play around with, it might be kind of fun to figure out the site. Sites like this almost seem like games... It's like the goal is to figure out what kind of information, graphics, sound bits, etc. you can access and how to access them....

The other site seemed to have a lot of potential. Like jonnystorm said (are you still around jonnystorm?), it is hard to press the area you want to press. But that could have tons of crazy uses for comics. Then again, some people might hate it... I could see that too. I guess it calls for some intuitive thinking on the part of the designer...

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents...

I'd like to learn how to do stuff like that....

vince
Vince Coleman
<A HREF = "http://www.vince-coleman.com" target=_blank> www.vince-coleman.com
comics and stuff...</A>