San Diego Comicon 2002 - Who's going?

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

San Diego Comicon 2002 - Who's going?

Post by Greg Stephens »

I plan to show up for Saturday (this year, the 3rd) and hope to say "hi" to Scott and Cat. Anybody else be around?
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Jack Masters
Consistant Poster

Post by Jack Masters »

Me
chrisSturhann
Regular Poster

Post by chrisSturhann »

I'll be there from about Monday on. Yeah, I know it doesn't start until Thursday, well Wednesday night actually. I do the Newsletter for the convention, so by the time, people start showing up on Wednesday or Thursday, I've been busting a$$ for three days already. I'll post my likely whereabouts/how to reach me in a day or two. If i'm not mistaken, there is a room in the convention center put aside for club meetings. If we think there is going to be enough interest and we could pin down a day and time, I could try to reserve it. I glanced through the programming schedule for Saturday, available at

http://www.comic-con.org/pages/2002Prog.html

and it doesn't look like there's anything blatently online oriented on Saturday that would be a major conflict.

Let me know. If we want to shoot for that, we should try to pin it down in the next day or two. After Sunday, my ability to get e-mail or even go online gets pretty sketchy.
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

Post by catgarza »

i'd definitely try to make a club meeting. :)

yeah, i'll be there this year with my sweet merilee and a fist full of cuentos and inkwell original art to sell hopefully. also, copies of applesauce will be available. yup yup.

can't wait to meet up with everyone!!
cayetano "cat" garza jr. Image
cybercholo/webcomix "pioneer"/weirdo
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

chrisSturhann wrote:If i'm not mistaken, there is a room in the convention center put aside for club meetings. If we think there is going to be enough interest and we could pin down a day and time, I could try to reserve it. I glanced through the programming schedule for Saturday, available at

http://www.comic-con.org/pages/2002Prog.html

and it doesn't look like there's anything blatently online oriented on Saturday that would be a major conflict.

Let me know. If we want to shoot for that, we should try to pin it down in the next day or two. After Sunday, my ability to get e-mail or even go online gets pretty sketchy.
Hmm... While we're not really a club in the traditional sense, it would be cool to have a specific time and place to get together for a little bit. If you could check and see if there's something for Saturday afternoon (any time, I think), that would be cool. If we have a time, I can contact Scott and see if he can pencil it into his schedule. If he and Cat show up, I can't see why anybody else wouldn't want to as well.

If your internet access will be limited, send me an email (greg@zwol.org) with some real-world contact info and we can work it out that way.
chrisSturhann
Regular Poster

Post by chrisSturhann »

Hi, I just talked to the programming coordinator. He has a cancellation in one of the small programming rooms at 5:30 on Saturday. Kind of late in the day, but that's the only time he has at this point. If we want it, we need to decide right away, because he might end up giving it away if something else turns up. Let me know what you think.

It might be easier to just pick a time and place to meet and find a place to sit.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

chrisSturhann wrote:It might be easier to just pick a time and place to meet and find a place to sit.
Yeah, I agree. Let's not take up any valuable space that others could use for better purposes. But thanks for looking into it!
Merlin
Frequent Poster

Post by Merlin »

I'll be about at the Con too. First time in the US for me, so expect me to look suitabley dazed and confused.

I'll be there for the whole thing and I'd be up for saying hello to folk on Saturday, if something gets arranged. I'm also going to be pimping this mini-comic all over the place:

http://e-merl.com/stuff/cover.gif

It's weird and it's free. What more could a person want?
New Experiments In Fiction

www.E-merl.com
chrisSturhann
Regular Poster

Post by chrisSturhann »

I'll be in Room 11 most of the time, I'll also e-mail Greg with my cell number. I'll try to check back here, but no guarantees.