It's About Girls chpt 9

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

William G
Reinvents understanding

It's About Girls chpt 9

Post by William G »

It's ready for your reading pleasure. So click on the banner and come get your taste of Girls.

Critiques are welcome even though I probably wont change anything. :P
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Oh, a mystery. Who's the girl outside of Marc's room? Is the girl in the first four panels the same girl in the last few panels? Icon now has a beard, how long has it been since we last saw him? Is that Sabrina in the elevator? Is she two timing Icon? He going to be hurt again? William you're going to drive you characters to suicide! I'm so confused, but in a good way :D .
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

efm wrote:Oh, a mystery.
Sure, let's ask the magic eightball for some answers.
Who's the girl outside of Marc's room? Is the girl in the first four panels the same girl in the last few panels?
Yes.
Icon now has a beard, how long has it been since we last saw him?
About two weeks. Look at his crappy facial hair.
Is that Sabrina in the elevator?
Yes
Is she two timing Icon?
Technically, no.
He going to be hurt again?
The future is unclear.
William you're going to drive you characters to suicide!
I had two different suicide plots way back when, but I decided that I could handle loneliness in a less hackneed manner. Neither of them were Icon, BTW.

This is the first time I've gotten some "I'm lost" complaints on the story. Most of them then said that they got it once they went back and re-read the story again. I guess I really should put more of an effort into keeping the spece between updates down so people wont forget so readily.

Justin Pierce mentioned that I'm reaching a sort of event horizon as far as characters the audience needs to memorize goes. I think he may be right, but outside of some parents, there's really no one left for me to introduce.

So let's see if I can stay on the event horizon like I was the U.S.S. Cygnus.

(mad props to those who name the reference)
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

I tend to reread at least part of the previous chapters to refresh myself before reading the newest. It just reads better as one big story as it does as individual stories. I tend to do this with many comics, not just It's About Girls.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

William G wrote:This is the first time I've gotten some "I'm lost" complaints on the story. Most of them then said that they got it once they went back and re-read the story again.
Nope, I just reread the whole thing. None of my questions were answered. The Icon part is easy to piece together. It's the Marc section at the begining and end that's throwing me off. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next update in 2005 :wink:
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

I'm slightly confused about marc too, but not really in a bad way. I know he went to asia to teach and I figure that the first girl and the second girl are students of his (unless they are the same girl) and it seems like marc did something with his students that he maybe shouldn't have, but I'm not quite sure what or when. I'm just going to have to stay tooned to find out.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Kris Lachowski wrote:I'm just going to have to stay tooned to find out.
And that answers EFM's questions for me. ;)