Fanboy moment.

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

Surlyben
Frequent Poster

Fanboy moment.

Post by Surlyben »

Please excuse me while I rave about Finder. Um. It's really good. In fact, it keeps getting better. I just bought the Talisman trade... Boy howdy. While I was bingeing on print comics, I picked up Dumped, by Andi Watson (a small one which shares some characters with Breakfast Afternoon). I'd kill for his line.

I was immediately inspired to rush out and draw comics. Which I did. Including a new one hour comic. Although I haven't posted it yet.

Anyway. Sorry about the fanboy raving. Anyone else going to San Diego this year? (I just figured out how I am getting there...)
--
www.surlyben.com Recipes for the apocalypse...
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Finder rocks. I drove all over town today looking for issue 30 (came out last week) and only found one copy. Luckily, I only needed one. At last year's San Diego con I made a point to go meet Carla Speed McNeil and bought two pages of art form her- one from the Talisman story and the other was a penciled page. They are things of beauty.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Ray Radlein
Regular Poster

Post by Ray Radlein »

Greg Stephens wrote:Finder rocks. I drove all over town today looking for issue 30 (came out last week) and only found one copy. Luckily, I only needed one. At last year's San Diego con I made a point to go meet Carla Speed McNeil and bought two pages of art form her- one from the Talisman story and the other was a penciled page. They are things of beauty.
    I have been hoarding the Talisman TPB as though it were the last good jellybean in the bowl, waiting for the right moment (probably defined as "whenever Dream Sequence comes out in TPB) to gobble it up. As much as I want to read it, I also enjoy the feeling of security that comes from knowing that, anytime I want to read something truly amazing, I can just pick it up.

IN CASE OF ENNUI, BREAK GLASS

Sort of like the way our cats like the security of knowing that the food bowls aren't empty, even if they're not actually hungry at the moment.
      • "But at my back I alwaies hear
        Magneto's minions hurrying near"
        • - Marvell Comics, The Mysterious Men of X
      Greg Stephens
      Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

If you haven't read "Talisman" yet, then you're in for a great reading treat.
      Greg Stephens
      Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

And, for all "Finder" fans, Carla Speed McNeil is drawing the new story arc for Queen and Country. The first issue of that came out yesterday and even though I've never picked up this series before, I got for CSM's art (and lettering, too), and I'm interested enough in the story to see what happens next. It doesn't look like I need to know anything that happened previously.
      Ray Radlein
      Regular Poster

Post by Ray Radlein »

Greg Stephens wrote:And, for all "Finder" fans, Carla Speed McNeil is drawing the new story arc for Queen and Country. The first issue of that came out yesterday and even though I've never picked up this series before, I got for CSM's art (and lettering, too), and I'm interested enough in the story to see what happens next. It doesn't look like I need to know anything that happened previously.
        For what it's worth, I can categorically recommend Queen and Country (with the minor caveat that the series changes artists with every story arc, and some artists -- like Carla Speen McNeil, of course -- are better than others -- like wossname, who rendered Tara Chase with giant Image Comics breasts during a recent story arc). But between Q&C and Whiteout, Rucka is becoming one of those writers who is so good that I would probably pick up Lady Death if he were writing it.
          • "But at my back I alwaies hear
            Magneto's minions hurrying near"
            • - Marvell Comics, The Mysterious Men of X