The "Be My Monster" Contest

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

The "Be My Monster" Contest

Post by japanimationfist »

There's nothing about it on the site, as of yet, so you'll be the first to hear the news. I will be launching a contest on Monster Hollow next week, looking for someone to be my monster (for one week at least).

In case you have't had reason to read it yet, Monster Hollow is some sort of bizarrely mixed-up hybrid of a children's book and a webcomic, about... well, freaks - and that's where you come in.

I start most of the stories with a name, and I'd like to use yours (or some strange variation on it). Send me a first couplet (did I mention the stories all rhyme?), and use your name in it. (You can have a look at the archives to get the hang of it. The first couplet generally sets up who the story is going to be about, and what's freakish about him (or her... you're invited too ladies).

What's in it for you, you ask? Well, besides the fame that comes with being immortalized as one of the residents of Monster Hollow, you will also receive some keen Monster Hollow swag (the cutest buttons with undead kittens on them that you ever did see). The question now is 'how can you not participate?'

So pop on over to the site, and see what you're getting youself in to. Then you scrawl your couplet down on a cocktail napkin, and when you're sober enough, type it up and email it to me at monsterhollow at dunktank dot ca.

I'll look over whatever entries I get with some of my pals, and pick one Monday, December 1st.
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

I'll be your monster

Post by Tim Tylor »

I'm on to it. :D