Alan Smoke (Looking for inker [and maybe a colorist]

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Alan Smoke (Looking for inker [and maybe a colorist]

Post by Ruyei »

Hey all,

I have a webcomic project I embarked on a couple years ago called Alan Smoke. The details are here http://fairearth2.blogspot.com/ but to sum it up it's a story about a young boy who wishes for super powers, but develops demonic abilities instead. The story follows as his obsession with heroics and the new magical world he can enter and interact with cause him to lose interest in his friends and family and eventually abandon his "civilian disguise." As dark as it is in theory (it is my anti-superhero comic at all) it still has a fair amount of humor and whimsy to it, being based on my own haunting grounds of Medford New Jersey (not far from the Pine Barrens) with the artist himself having added a very 80's feel to the whole thing not unlike a twisted Saturday Morning Cartoon. In fact it's not even an artist that I need, the guy I have has finished the entire graphic novel! That's the problem though, he only penciled it, and to honor his own hard work I need to find an inker (and perhaps a colorist) to bring his vision to completion.

Here's the issue, the comic is an amateur production (in fact the last one I will ever do) and the artist is definitely not pro level. Being that this is an UNPAID project, I've had gone through a few inkers and one colorist, in fact you can see much of the work here http://alansmoke.smackjeeves.com/comics/2189236/cover/. However with all the work the artist has done I owe it to him to get the project completed, and am looking for someone interested in the credit to be brought on board. The comic is currently hosted on Smackjeeves, but I'm working on a website to host my collective projects, and in addition am willing to spend a dollar here and there to advertise the project to get it known. I don't have the budget to take on a salary, but rest assured, the comic will not sink to the bottom of the internet. I'm even willing to provide a trade of sorts, providing comic consulting (which is a paying part-time job for me at this point) and perhaps even editing in trade for help on this project. Although I'm not desperate, I am certainly interested in doing well by anyone willing to take a gander at this.

Contact me at robert-finch@comcast.net
Best,
Robert Finch
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

Bump
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Post by noonecomics »

@ruyei...
the concept is really interesting is true that the artist is really a begginer,
is certainly harder for writers to get a jump start in their carreers, after all this is mostly a visual medium and story and words sometimes are behind the cameras.

you need to invest on this, and develope it a bit more, I really think this can be good.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

@noone

Post by Ruyei »

Not sure what you mean by "develop it a bit more?" You mean rewrite some things, redo the art, or both?

Honestly I have other works that I'm working on for actual comic pitches and for self publishing, I don't think my career is in any sort of standstill. Developing this comic is primarily not only to help this artist out, but to have something online when my website comes out. I'm already getting some interest, so apparently there are people who are willing to give this a go, but we'll certainly see and play it by year.

Best,
Robert Finch
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: @noone

Post by noonecomics »

Ruyei wrote:Not sure what you mean by "develop it a bit more?" You mean rewrite some things, redo the art, or both?
both!
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

huh

Post by Ruyei »

For now I'm fine with just doing the leg work to complete it. Not that I'm beyond redoing some of the dialogue and what not via lettering if I get the chance, but you have to understand that I have many projects to work on and bring forward. Although a remake of Alan Smoke isn't out of the question if enough people like it when it goes online, for now I just want to finish it based on what I have. I have other projects going for the professional circuit. This is just to get a bit of buzz going online.

Best,
Robert Finch
JesterWriter
Regular Poster

Post by JesterWriter »

I am willing to work as inker/colorist for a trade as I am working on a few comic projects and need another pair of experienced eyes to assist with the writing as I am having trouble finding artists at the moment.

If you want to see some inking/coloring examples, you can check out http://comics.circus13productions.com with the title Dragonwolf. There is a 38 page part 1 of a storyline that is in B&W completely at the moment, page two of a colored version will be out tomorrow, but I can send you some other samples if you like.

Give a look and let me know what you think at circus13.comics@gmail.com
PatriciaLoupee
Reinvents understanding

Post by PatriciaLoupee »

Bump.