IF anthology collaboration

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

kespa
Frequent Poster

IF anthology collaboration

Post by kespa »

Hi guys!

Just saw that Alterna comics have opened submissions for their next If Anthology: http://www.alternacomics.com/if-anthology The theme is crime and as I mostly write crime stories, I thought it would be a good time to submit something to them. I would have an idea for 7-8 page story but we can talk about other ideas if there is some kind of crime story you would prefer to draw. If your submission isn't selected for IF anthology, I could still have use for the story that could get us paid.

I'm comic book writer and award winning inker from Finland. I've been published in US, UK, France, Sweden, Finland and soon in Greece and I've worked with or I have series coming from companies like Heavy Metal, Amigo Comics, Top Secret Press, Pond Scum Comics, Rats & Crows etc. Some info about me can be found on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/writerhannukesola

Alterna comics is only paying with copies of the anthology, if the story is accepted, so this is not a paid page rate gig.but I'll pay $30 for the artist to cover materials etc. needed. I'm looking for an penciller or penciller and inker, but I can handle the inking duties if needed.

If you think you would like to collaborate, feel free to mail me: hannu.kesola@gmail.com with some samples and we can talk more after that:)
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

Bump
kespa
Frequent Poster

Post by kespa »

Found an artist but lost him today, so I'll be starting new search for the story. The story is written and it's nine pages long. I'll pay $10 /page so the artist can cover material costs+anthology copies if we are accepted to IF anthology and share of money the story will possibly make in the future. Please mail samples to: hannu.kesola@gmail.com

Here is a script sample from the story:

PAGE ONE (four panels)

Panel 1.
All the panels on this first page are wide and the same size as each other. On this panel we are inside a car that has crashed somehow and turned on its roof. Inside, there is a man who is bleeding and it seems that he can't get out of his seatbelt or the car, or he just isn’t trying. We see what is on the inside and only the outside from the side window. We can only see a tarmac and that it’s dark, so it must be night. This man is about 30 years old. Normally built, ok looking man, who is wearing a leather jacket. Let's call him Jake. The car is a Chrysler Laser. Here is some info about the car: https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/201 ... ler-laser/ and with googling it, it is easy to find pictures how the car looks on the inside, although the car is now about 30 years old.

CAP/JAKE:
When I was a kid, the only thing I wanted was my father’s car.
I fucking loved this car.

Panel 2.
This panel is completely black and there is only the title, on white.

TITLE:
THE RIDE

Panel 3.
This looks the same as the panel 1, except there is more blood coming from the man.

CAP/JAKE:
As the car and I grew older, and I got my driver's lisence, I still wanted it very much.

Panel 4.
Same as panels 1 and 3, but now there is even more blood coming and we see, from the side window, that some man's feet are getting closer to the car. The man who is walking wears jeans and has motorcycle boots on his feet. Something like this maybe: http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/photog ... -Boots.jpg

CAP/JAKE:
Not because the car was that cool anymore, but I wanted to get it to Pimp My Ride so they could put in, like, a TV and a Nintendo Gamecube and other cool shit that would've guaranteed me some pussy around the local mall.