artist/writer looking for collaborators and advice

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

mnemoniccomics
Forum Member

artist/writer looking for collaborators and advice

Post by mnemoniccomics »

My background is a low-tech art degree from Cal Berkeley and experience as an English and special ed teacher. I'm ready to start making comics but not sure where to begin. I have a Surface Pro 6 tablet but no idea how to use it or how to use GIMP or Inkscape. My interests are self-help, health, conserva-tarian activism, etc. A few basic things up at www.fiver.com/sydwalker2015

Reply here or at mnemoniccomics@gmail.com twitter: @mnemoniccomics

Thanks!
Last edited by mnemoniccomics on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taahira
Frequent Poster

Post by Taahira »

Nothin comes up for your link.
mnemoniccomics
Forum Member

Post by mnemoniccomics »

I fixed the link. It was including the period at the end of the sentence.
Also see @mnemoniccomics on Twitter.
There is a Manga page I did there an a page of color cover art (I paid someone to color it and they failed pretty badly but you get the idea- they didn't want their name on it).
JesterWriter
Regular Poster

Post by JesterWriter »

Good morning, I have a weekly webcomic (1 page a day) in the superhero/action/magic genre that is needing an artist for pencils and inks, I can handle colors and lettering. It is in the beginning of issue 2, with one more issue to complete the story arc, all of it written, complete with character designs.

If you are interested, check out comics.circus13productions.com and read Dragonwolf. The first part was written and drawn 20 years ago, but recently digitized, colored, lettered, etc. I have a few other stories needing artwork. Look around and let me know what you'd like to do.

Timm Gillick