Horror Western needs an artist to collaborate with.

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ghostrider
Forum Member

Horror Western needs an artist to collaborate with.

Post by Ghostrider »

This is a Western Horror with Witches and Vampires, Gunslingers, and a lot more. If you love drawing these scenes and people then we really need to connect.

About me: I normally teach psychology and I write screenplays. A few of my screenplays have been optioned. No movies yet. That's showbiz. This project I have is one of those.

I write. I'm a businessman too and I get out of the way for the artist if the artist is good.

I have the full story arc, back story arcs and more.

Payment: THIS IS A COLLABORATION. WE ONLY GET PAID AFTER PUBLICATION. Do the work you normally do and make your money. When you have free time, work on this. There isn't a time limit other than it not taking a year. I think the first edition will sell the Hell out of it if it's done right. We'll do the Indegogo or whatever and get funding for the printing. It has to be made first. I'm flexible on the percentage cut.

I need an artist capable of drawing Old West, New Orleans, and London scenes. Horses, cowboys, and Indians, Commancheros, bank robbers, trains, steamboats, gaming halls, and bordellos. Pretty much stuff found in the 1880's Victorian age.

I don't micromanage. I prefer to send you a basic story arc for a 22-page issue, then let you go 100%. This is a method used by Stan Lee. It works well, is efficient and gets the writer out of the way of the artist.

After the work is complete, both of us go back and decide if it needs tweaking.

I am adamant that each issue has a lot of action, a time running out element to keep the suspense going and it ends on a cliff hanger.

You're doing most of the work so you get most of the earnings. I'm really flexible on this.

From having multiple film producers out there optioning the screenplay means I have a great story. I just need to get it illustrated and need a committed illustrator.

Contact me ASAP with some examples of your work. I've been writing for fifteen years including how-to books and a novel, magazine stories and screenplays. Please bring experience and passion or don't respond. Very interested in an Old West / Victorian Age illustrator.

Thanks,
Mike
Last edited by Ghostrider on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
diegogue
Consistant Poster

Post by diegogue »

Payment: You're doing most of the work so you get most of the money.
Does that mean the artist get a greater piece of the imaginary backend profit?
loqyju
Forum Member

Post by loqyju »

All the forums and alignments are hidden from the dangers of the old men and ladies. the consequential use of the tools and bestdissertation review is marked for the stunts. The alignment is upheld for the parents for the future offers for the opportunists.
Ghostrider
Forum Member

Ha!

Post by Ghostrider »

diegogue wrote:
Payment: You're doing most of the work so you get most of the money.
Does that mean the artist get a greater piece of the imaginary backend profit?
If engineers and inventors had your attitude, nothing would have been built. What a negative Nancy you are. So, here's your answer.

I guess that would depend if you can't attract readers to your artistic work. The readers don't live in an imaginary world, they live in the real world and temporarily visit the imaginary world. It means that a good writer and artist paired up can make real money in the real world. Only someone with little talent would have such low self-confidence. I say this not as a put-down. It seems the person would never sell their work because they don't believe their work is good enough to earn money in the first place.

If I walked around all day doubting myself, I really couldn't expect others to have confidence in my work, right? I'm in it for the money. I'm a writer. My work earns money too. As an artist, I create imaginary worlds. The illustrator (also an artist) brings my story to life. Fewer words, more visual storytelling. Therefore, it seems ridiculous that the writer should earn equally as the illustrator. This is a business. There is nothing imaginative about that. Marketing and promotion then come back to the writer after the work is completed - not the artist illustrator. If we both create a great product, it will sell. If it's crap, well...

I do want to say thanks for convincing me you aren't a good fit for this project. Have a wonderful day.
Michael Atencio
annafoub
Regular Poster

Re: Ha!

Post by annafoub »

Ghostrider wrote:
If engineers and inventors had your attitude, nothing would have been built. What a negative Nancy you are. So, here's your answer.

I guess that would depend if you can't attract readers to your artistic work. The readers don't live in an imaginary world, they live in the real world and temporarily visit the imaginary world. It means that a good writer and artist paired up can make real money in the real world. Only someone with little talent would have such low self-confidence. I say this not as a put-down. It seems the person would never sell their work because they don't believe their work is good enough to earn money in the first place.

If I walked around all day doubting myself, I really couldn't expect others to have confidence in my work, right? I'm in it for the money. I'm a writer. My work earns money too. As an artist, I create imaginary worlds. The illustrator (also an artist) brings my story to life. Fewer words, more visual storytelling. Therefore, it seems ridiculous that the writer should earn equally as the illustrator. This is a business. There is nothing imaginative about that. Marketing and promotion then come back to the writer after the work is completed - not the artist illustrator. If we both create a great product, it will sell. If it's crap, well...

I do want to say thanks for convincing me you aren't a good fit for this project. Have a wonderful day.
That was incredibly condescending.