Writers who will double in other positions

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

RaySMasonJr
Reinvents comics

Writers who will double in other positions

Post by RaySMasonJr »

I am looking for writers or artists who will double in such positions as accountant, marketing director, web-master, and editor. Pay is a back end percentage for the first 2-4 issues. Interested parties should send resume to ray@affinitypress.org. Thanks!
RaySMasonJr
Reinvents comics

Post by RaySMasonJr »

bump
Jencity
Regular Poster

Post by Jencity »

I think I've emailed you previously, but I was quickly turned off when you started talking about managing deadlines and running online meetings. You should be more clear in your advertisements.

I, for example, would be more than happy to earn my salt with you by editing for you - then eventually, hopefully, writing for you. But you really need to make it explicit that you want more from your editors than just, you know, editing.
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

Bump
PatriciaLoupee
Reinvents understanding

Post by PatriciaLoupee »

Bump
PatriciaLoupee
Reinvents understanding

Post by PatriciaLoupee »

Bump.
RaySMasonJr
Reinvents comics

Post by RaySMasonJr »

Jencity wrote:I think I've emailed you previously, but I was quickly turned off when you started talking about managing deadlines and running online meetings. You should be more clear in your advertisements.

I, for example, would be more than happy to earn my salt with you by editing for you - then eventually, hopefully, writing for you. But you really need to make it explicit that you want more from your editors than just, you know, editing.
With most publishers who publish more than one thing, or one story, editors main job is that of project managers. That's what I need. Not just a proofreader. Sorry for any confusion, but of the many replies I've gotten, less than 1 in 100 have had the same view of editing as you. I'm not saying this to be mean or disrespectful, but based on that, I don't think I need to change my ads.
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

Bump
RaySMasonJr
Reinvents comics

Re: Writers who will double in other positions

Post by RaySMasonJr »

RaySMasonJr wrote:I am looking for writers or artists who will double in such positions as accountant, marketing director, web-master, and editor. Pay is a back end percentage for the first 2-4 issues. Interested parties should send resume to ray@affinitypress.org. Thanks!
Still looking. Also need someone for crowdfunding, communications, and administration.